Sign in to follow this  
Cathy

Red Velvet Chocolate Heartache

This is my absolute favourite cookery book at the moment. It is great for making gluten free cakes, and even better they seriously don't feel or taste like they are gluten free. I think this is because these are original recipes that have been created from scratch rather than being a book of substitues that so many gluten free cookery books are! A lot of the recipes are also dairy free or low dairy. And a lot of them have hidden vegetable ingredients! Sounds crazy but it works. I love cooking from this and giving the cakes to people and once they've eaten them and declared how delicious they were, having them guess which vegetable was in it!

Red Velvet Chocolate Heartache: The ultimate feel-good book of natural cakes that taste naughty

Hum I am going to have to look into this book.  I have  sister that can no longer have dairy and it is so hard to come up with things for family functions to make that will suit her and everyone else.

Have taken a look at this on Amazon, and it is very tempting - or would have been if i were not trying to cull my massive cookbook collection.

I was startled to see a 'used' copy on offer for £509.47 - with no explanation for it's inflated price. Can't see that selling ant time soon, when new ones are available for just over a tenner!