Sign in to follow this  
Cathy

The Sky is Everywhere

Its a bit lame of me to do this but here's the review I wrote for somewhere else!

This is a really addictive read, I was captivated from page 1 and couldn’t put this book down. Lennie is grieving for her older sister who died suddenly. Surrounded by her sister’s things in the room they shared together, Lennie doesn’t feel ready to move on, however life invades her grief in the most unexpected of ways. Hormones rage and she is torn between 2 boys, one of whom she really, really shouldn’t be kissing. An emotional but ultimately uplifting read.

There's quite a bit of sexual stuff in this book - I'm sure it has been carefully done to keep it just this side of YA and not adult, so you have been warned!

It is also kooky and American and Californian which I loved but I can imagine might not be everyone's cup of tea.

A gorgeous book, I'm really glad I read it, and it really rings true for me in terms of the expression of grief and the whole family left in the wake particularly of a young person who has died suddenly.