Sign in to follow this  
youthman

What to read after Ian Flemings James Bonds?

I have just finished all all the James Bond books including Devil May Care, i would have happily gone on reading them.

Can anyone suggest any other books or authors like the James Bond books?

I liked the fact that they were fast paced, easy to read, action packed and dealt with exotic/foreign countries.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

:D

I've never read any of the James Bond stuff but I've seen the films. What about anything written by Robert Ludlum - e.g. The Bourne Identity?

Or Len Deighton? I really enjoyed those books, especially the ones that were in a series--Game, Set, Match was one of the series, I think.

I have just finished all all the James Bond books including Devil May Care, i would have happily gone on reading them.

Can anyone suggest any other books or authors like the James Bond books?

I liked the fact that they were fast paced, easy to read, action packed and dealt with exotic/foreign countries.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

:D

Desmond Bagley is a brilliant crime writer he really knows his stuff and is spot on with plot twists, crazy scenes and the hero coming up trumps . He's smooth but not cheesy and all of his novels are really exciting with foreign locations and brilliant characters . See if you like him and let me know good luck .

Desmond Bagley is a brilliant crime writer he really knows his stuff and is spot on with plot twists, crazy scenes and the hero coming up trumps . He's smooth but not cheesy and all of his novels are really exciting with foreign locations and brilliant characters . See if you like him and let me know good luck .

I'd fogotten all about his books. Used to read him years (and years) ago.

And enjoyed them.

My OH is not a huge fiction fan but loved the bonds, I've been watching this thread with some interest as I'd love to give him a gift of something on a similar theme. What would you say is the best Deighton and Bagley's?

bobblington: My favorites are the Bernard Samson books. He makes a brief appearance in Winter, which I remember liking, although it was written after the main books and so I had to read out of order. But I would probably start there.

The main books are 9 books that are essentially three trilogies set in the years 1983-1988 (there's a gap between '84 and '87--I'm cribbing from a summary website):

Game, Set, Match: Berlin Game, Mexico Set, and London Match

Hook, Line, Sinker: Spy Hook, Spy Line, Spy Sinker

Faith, Hope, and Charity (no alternative names).

youthman: I haven't read the Robert Ludlum "Bourne" books, but they have a devoted following and were made into pretty good movies.