Sign in to follow this  
Apple

2012 - So are we all going to die?

I was watching a documentary the other night about the theory that according to some prophecies the end of the world is going to happen on 21st December 2012, I have seen numerous programmes about this subject all quite compelling in their various own ways, and I was just wondering what people here thought about this subject do you think its a load of rubbish and nothing will happen or are you getting your affairs in order now ready for Doomsday!??

As far as I know - and I don't claim to be an expert - this 2012 date came from an alleged prophecy by the Maya people made centuries ago. Their astronomy was very sophisticated and they decided that a major change would take place in 2012. As I understand it, it depends on who does the translating of said prophecy as to what the change will be and it varies from the very vague, i.e. there will be a major change, to the end of the world.

As for the end of the world bit, heard it too many times to care so haven't put my affairs in order as of yet but reckon that if the bomb went off I'd be able to do so and still have around 3 1/2 minutes left to contemplate my navel.

As far as I know - and I don't claim to be an expert - this 2012 date came from an alleged prophecy by the Maya people made centuries ago. Their astronomy was very sophisticated and they decided that a major change would take place in 2012. As I understand it, it depends on who does the translating of said prophecy as to what the change will be and it varies from the very vague, i.e. there will be a major change, to the end of the world.

As for the end of the world bit, heard it too many times to care so haven't put my affairs in order as of yet but reckon that if the bomb went off I'd be able to do so and still have around 3 1/2 minutes left to contemplate my navel.

why need to put your affairs in order if the world ends as it'll end for everyone?

why need to put your affairs in order if the world ends as it'll end for everyone?

Well you wouldn't want to die knowing you'd left the iron on would you.

If I had a fiver for every daft prophesy I'd heard from strange interpretations of the bible, astrologers, nostradamus and some bloke yelling "the end of the world is nigh" outside Manchester town hall I'd be a rich woman by now.

The point I was making there was that it would take about 30 seconds for me to put my affairs in order, such as they are i.e I wouldn't be doing it at all. But, yeah, I wouldn't want to die knowing that I'd left the iron on, or the door unlocked or some such.

I might just get another chapter in though!

Apparently these prophecies allegedly foretold the two world wars and other things which have happened, and taking that into consideration I just wonder how many people are going to take this stuff seriously and do something stupid??

(Like maybe take out a huge loan and blow the lot on enjoying yourself - hell if you're going to die, may as well die happy and you ain't going to have to pay it back if the world comes to an end!! ;) )

Also when I said get your affairs in order, I meant it as in preparing for the end as it were.

Apparently, the modern Mayan tribes say this is all crap, about world ending. It supposedly means a good change.

I personally feel the whole thing is weird, there are so many prophecies that nearly confirm it, but so many just-as-convincing opposing theories. Sit and wait imho.

also, OMFG - IT'S NOSPACESALLOWED. He hasn't been here in a while.