Sign in to follow this  
gg106

Shameless

The first 2 series were fab but it went downhill thereafter and now I concur with The Guardian, "once great, now a noisy annoyance".

Believe it or not, I've only just discovered Shameless and I'm watching it on 4OD. I've just finished Series 1 and I've taken a break to indulge myself with Season 1 of West Wing (oh so very good). I read the Guardian preview comments that Hazel quotes and I was wondering when it changed from excellence to annoyance so thanks for the advice Hazel!

It changed after the 2nd series I think. I'm not sure when Paul Abbott stopped writing duties, but that was probably when it started to get a bit silly. I gave up on it for a couple of series, as I just couldn't stand the Maguires, but I started watching again when I moved in with OH and they're growing on me!

It changed after the 2nd series I think. I'm not sure when Paul Abbott stopped writing duties, but that was probably when it started to get a bit silly. I gave up on it for a couple of series, as I just couldn't stand the Maguires, but I started watching again when I moved in with OH and they're growing on me!

Its the silliness that makes it good, or should I say the 'surrealness'. The juxtaposition of Frank's high quality use of language and vocabulary jar beautifully with his social circumstances. Its good to see some quality mancunians back on the box! :rolleyes:

The first 2 series were fab but it went downhill thereafter and now I concur with The Guardian, "once great, now a noisy annoyance".

I always thought the first three series were all pretty good, then went down hill from there.

Does anyone know why Debbie was not in the first episode of the latest series? Has she left the show?

I always thought the first three series were all pretty good, then went down hill from there.

Does anyone know why Debbie was not in the first episode of the latest series? Has she left the show?

In episode one they said she had joined the navy/army or something. She was in an episode of Waterloo Rd, so maybe she has left.