Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy DEagle

Spidey 4 cancelled, movies to be rebooted

Hmmm, not sure we need to see how he became Spiderman again

Oh I'm entirely sure! How utterly ludicrous.

We're very excited about the creative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots

What creative possibilities would they be, then? There's not even one drop of creativity in going back to that again. But that's all Hollywood knows how to do - see something successful and do it again.

'Bad' Peter jive walking was indeed the low point of that movie, but you could probably ignore that if the rest hadn't been stymied by poor conception. I'd read that Raimi hadn't wanted the villain overload that ruined potential for character development, but Sony insisted. Sadly, of course, it made a lot of money so they will have felt vindicated.

And that's Hollywood today - moneymakers, not film-makers.

I hope people vote with their feet and give the re-boot a wide berth.

Spidey used to be my favourite comic book character - Raimi and Maguire killed that. I am now extremely tired of the webslinger.

Just because of #3 or the first two as well?
Number 3 poisoned the franchise but after seeing it, watching the others,you could spot the huge flaws.

Number 3 poisoned the franchise but after seeing it, watching the others,you could spot the huge flaws.

They're not without their flaws but I wouldn't have put it as strongly as that. I still think they're pretty darned good films (y'know - for what they are). What sort of flaws did you have in mind?

Crikey, some of the dialogue is horrendous, MJ's nipple-fest...I'd need to watch them again to get a list, and I ain't up for that!

Crikey, some of the dialogue is horrendous,

I don't think it's as bad as that!

MJ's nipple-fest

Sorry, we're discussing the bad things...

;)

No, I must admit even I thought that was a bit much, and that's saying something.

Raimi and Maguire killed that. I am now extremely tired of the webslinger.

I never liked any of the three Spiderman movies. I totally objected to making Peter Parker a High School kid, therefore aiming the franchise at the lower end of the teenage years.

I remember about twenty years ago it was all still up in the air as to who was going to be doing the Spiderman movie and James Cameron's name was linked to it. If the rumourmill is to be believed, he wanted to make Spiderman 'more spider-like' and have Michael Biehn play Spidey - I guess I was probably the only person who really liked the sound of that :sorry:

have Michael Biehn play Spidey - I guess I was probably the only person who really liked the sound of that :sorry:
Good lord no, I love Michael Biehn - though I guess he's a tad old now for the part.

Honestly, it's time to leave Spidey alone for a while. Let's forget Tobey Maguire.

I totally objected to making Peter Parker a High School kid, therefore aiming the franchise at the lower end of the teenage years.

If you were annoyed by that your head will probably explode with the next one!

At least the second two films moved on from that, but I think that's part of the rationale behind this re-boot - send Peter back to school so that they can cash in on the Twilight generation.

You have to suspect that whoever's cast, we'll find that Peter Parker, who finds it difficult with girls, is suddenly going to be an immaculate, bedroom-wall-friendly hunk.