Went to New Moon at the midnight showing - absolutely brilliant for Twilight fans - anyone who hasn't read them or seen the first film would have been totally confused all the way through. Great atmosphere - screaming at the opening credits, screaming whenever a vampire or werewolf took their shirt off, (have to say, it's a total pecs fest) swooning whenever Edward and Bella kissed - totally OTT and wonderful!

Anyone else seen it yet?

I went to see it last night with my 11 y.o DD (my excuse for going). I thought it was a very good adaptation of the book. More entertaining than the Twilight film definitely - not so dreary.

I loved Michael Sheen as Aro - really creepy. I wish there had been a bit more of Dakota Fanning - she is perfect for Jane.

When I read the books, I was definitely in the Edward camp, but when I watch the films, I start leaning towards Jacob.

I did wonder how someone who hadn't read the book would follow the film, but a friend of mine watched it today, who hasn't read it, and she really enjoyed it and had no problems following the story.

Can't wait for Eclipse :)

David: It's rainy here more than most people think, but the cold part is more unusual. Although my definition of "cold" might not seem all that cold to other people. It really means, "not warm."

But back to the movie. I went to "New Moon" on Friday afternoon with my son and I had the same problem with the movie that I did with the book. Why would any sane person prefer Edward to Jacob?

Not only is Jacob physically more appealing (not to be a perv or anything), but he's nicer. He never announces that he doesn't love her anymore and abandons her, like Edward does.

I have the same problem with "Gone with the Wind." How in the world could Scarlett prefer Ashley Wilkes to Rhett Butler. In both cases, it almost--but not quite--ruins the film for me.

My son likes the stories for the fighting and special powers, which become less important as the story progresses, so I'm not sure we'll see the next movies. But overall, the movie was fine.

Why would any sane person prefer Edward to Jacob?

Not only is Jacob physically more appealing (not to be a perv or anything), but he's nicer. He never announces that he doesn't love her anymore and abandons her, like Edward does.

If only our heads ruled our hearts...