Sign in to follow this  
shaneharward

Recommended Romances

You can read some great romantic novels. Some of them which i'd like to recommend are:

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Dream Man by Linda Howard

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

McKenzie’s Mountain by Linda Howard

Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Devereaux

Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale

The Bride by Julie Garwood.

These books are really good to read.

Golly, I've only heard of Diana Gabaldon. One of my friends, a very long time ago, recommended Cross Stitch to me, swearing it was the best book she had ever read. I managed about 10 pages.

Hi just joined this site, and came across this thread, if your like me and love a great romance novel that make you feel all gooey inside then i would check out brenda joyce and her de warenne collection. I have to say they are the best romance novels i have read and i have worked my way through alot of mills and boons in my time. :)

If anyone's looking for good Regencies, I can recommend Julia Quinn. The Bridgerton series are the best (start with The Duke and I), but I've not yet found a bad one of hers. She's not long on period detail, but she's good enough not to annoy this pedant (another author once almost gave me an apoplexy by referring to an English Marquis's wife as a "Marquise" throughout. Marchioness, woman, Marchioness! :rolleyes: ). Quinn's excellent at snappy dialogue and comic lines, and there's plenty of plot and characterisation to go with the romantic bits.

And, if you're happy to settle for romance without sex, Georgette Heyer is the undisputed queen of the genre...

ive heard of it had to be you but not the others. i highly recommend one day by david nicholls which im sure most of you may have read. its one of my favs! also has any read rebecca by daphne du maurier? wuthering heights? as you can probly tell i ilke my classics!

ive heard of it had to be you but not the others. i highly recommend one day by david nicholls which im sure most of you may have read. its one of my favs! also has any read rebecca by daphne du maurier? wuthering heights? as you can probly tell i ilke my classics!

Welcome CAH4 - hope you enjoy the forum and, yes, Rebecca is a great story, saw the movie quite a while ago and it was pretty creepy but I enjoyed it.

It depends what you mean by romance - after all P & P is romance, so is Barbaara Cartland.

I freely admit I enjoy a good romance, not the M & B type (though I did try to write them at one time), I'd reccomend

P & P and Persuasion (of course!)

Anything by Jennifer Crusie (American, fast, very funny and sexy)

The Distance Between Us - Maggie O'Farrell - one of the most romantic stories I've ever read

Just about all of Georgette Heyer

I read a Mills and Boon  once and needed psychoanalysing afterward!  But I can recommend 'Christmas Carol' by Florence Speer.(NOT M & B)  It's a modern take on the famous Dickens story but with a load of good wryness and fun and is also a time travel story.