Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Help Me Find Find That Song...

It's a version of "Don't Fence me In" sung very much faster than the Bing Crosby or Gene Autry versions.

Closest I could get was a David Byrne version but the one I'm thinking of was by a group in the nineties and didn't have that wonderful pause Byrne's version has before the chorus. For some reason The Lightning Seeds or They Might Be Giants comes to mind.

Terry Hounsome's RockROM lists versions by 24 different artists, but (ignoring the various re-issues) the more recent ones are unlikely to be the ones you're looking for, I suspect:-

Hoyt Axton (1980s)

Willie Nelson & Leon Russell (1987)

Jimmy C Newman (1980)

There's a trailer keeps coming on the telly at the moment called The Silence, which looks to be about a deaf girl who's witnessed a murder.

During the trailer there's a piece of music playing which I'm sure I've heard somewhere before and it's bugging me. Has anyone seen this trailer and do you know what the music is?

Sorry Squirls I usually fast forward thru trailers/adverts so can't help you. But If I do happen to catch it I'll let you know if I recognise it.

There's a trailer keeps coming on the telly at the moment called The Silence, which looks to be about a deaf girl who's witnessed a murder.

During the trailer there's a piece of music playing which I'm sure I've heard somewhere before and it's bugging me. Has anyone seen this trailer and do you know what the music is?

I've seen the trailer but not paid that much attention to the music (usually mute the volume at that point). However, I have found out that the programme itself isn't aired until 12 July so the next time I see the trailer, I'll pay attention.

I think I know the trailer you mean and if I'm right, the song you are after is 'Crystalised' by the xx.

Their debut album, also called 'xx' was one of my favourites of last year.

Their debut album, also called 'xx' was one of my favourites of last year.

How do they pronounce it? The X-X? The 20 ? Double X? Only heard about them recently and I've wondered ever since.

I didn't manage to hear it but Oli from the band - xx- were on Nemone's show this afternoon on six music and is still available on the listen again thing.