Sign in to follow this  
Bill

David appointed as BGO admin

I am delighted to announce that David has agreed to be upgraded from a moderator to an admin, with immediate effect. Until now, I have acted as the sole admin. However, regular users of this site will know that work and family commitments have meant that I have not been around much in the past few months. This has led to problems for the mods, as their powers are restricted, and they have been hamstrung because they have either had to consult me, or have not been able to perform actions which only an admin can do.

I have complete trust and faith in David to make decisions for the overall benefit of the site, with the support of our excellent moderating team. To that end, I am also delighted to announce that Flingo has agreed to be upgraded to full moderator, for all forums.

I should add that all the mods have been consulted, and these decisions have everyone's full support. I hope they also have the support of all subscribers and members.

Thank you.

Bill

"Absolutely" from me too.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I thought admins and moderators were the same thing... you learn something every day here... ;)

Whilst it is a shame you're not able to contribute to the site so much these days, Bill, I have to agree this is the right thing to do and it is the right people doing it, so mazel tov to both David and Flingo on your upgrades.

Yeah, yeah, congrats to Dave, now a super-admin-mod, wooo hooo...

Nah, can't keep it going - best man for the job and all that! Best wishes David for your new role and I am honoured to be a part of your scaffolding! X

Do we have to call you sir?

High heid yin will do!

;)

(Out of interest now it's made me think about Billy Connolly as the Big Yin - I've never actually stopped to think what that means! I'm sure you can enlighten me and I'm hoping I won't get a nasty surprise... :D )

Many thanks for all the kind words (I like the scaffolding analogy, Hazel - much better than a support girdle...).

I agree with Gram that it's a great shame real life keeps Bill from us these days and his contributions are missed, but I hope that in the times he's not here I can do my best to keep the site not only in good shape but moving forward. The site is blessed with a great group of mods - it's an excellent team - and I'm very pleased that Flingo is now going to moderate across the whole board.

Now I just have to get to grips with the new controls. If you log on tomorrow and find a plume of smoke pouring out of your screen you'll know I pressed the wrong button...

High heid yin will do!

;)

(Out of interest now it's made me think about Billy Connolly as the Big Yin - I've never actually stopped to think what that means! I'm sure you can enlighten me and I'm hoping I won't get a nasty surprise... :D )

"Yin" is one - The Big One, or the Big Guy.

"High heid yin" is a slightly flippant way of referring to the big boss of an organisation! It kind of implies familiarity but also respect.

It kind of implies familiarity but also respect.

I'll take your word for it!

;)

Thanks, MM - I didn't know that.

The site is blessed with a great group of mods - it's an excellent team - and I'm very pleased that Flingo is now going to moderate across the whole board.

Hear hear. :clap::notworthy

Great news for David & Flingo and indeed for all of us. :banana:

(I like the scaffolding analogy, Hazel - much better than a support girdle...)..
or even a truss :P

In Bill's absence you are clearly the best man for the job! Just be careful how you handle all those powerful admin tools :)

I thought admins and moderators were the same thing...

Oooooh no - only admins can use the 'Scalding Hot Fork' option for those using 'twee' fonts...

;)

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

The court order provided a rough idea, yes. I suggest the cold air at an altitude higher than an eagle.

(I like the scaffolding analogy, Hazel - much better than a support girdle...).
I was going to say that I was honoured to be a part of your zimmer, but I reckoned you'd belt me.

I was going to say that I was honoured to be a part of your zimmer, but I reckoned you'd belt me.

Nah - to do that I'd have to let go of it and I'd fall over...

Nah - to do that I'd have to let go of it and I'd fall over...
:D A swift sideways kick should do the trick.

Well done David and Flingo! The site's in excellent hands.

Re David being an administrator now, I've told him before how much I admire his pithy eloquence and his ability to diffuse tensions with carefully chosen words.

All the mods and admins do a great job - hooray for them all - and thanks for all the hard work.

I think, as a congratulatory gift and to show our appreciation, all of the members here should pitch in a few quid each and buy David a Sony eReader.

:D

Well done indeed, David has always shown great moderation and skill in his moderating :rolleyes: so long may he continue as admin. And Flingo is an excellent mod too nice to see her stretching her boundaries.

all of the members here should pitch in a few quid each and buy David a Sony eReader.

:D

An excellent idea - then I could trade it in for some books...

;)

Brilliant news. Congratulations to David and Flingo. If only we could get the country run like BGO we would all be in a better state!