Currently Reading

The Dutch House - Ann Patchet (my toilet book) Read when I go - but loving it during the few pages I read a day during lockdown.

An Instance at the Fingerpost by Iain Pears - This is one of my comfort reads.For me one of the greatest books I've read and its been long while since I last read it.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 17/12/2004 at 04:16, Lady Lazarus said:

Hello there,

Im currently reading "Empire" by Niall Ferguson. It's good so far, although my not being used to reading non-fiction, it's taking me a while to get through it. 5 books in a week?! :eek:

I am currently reading never broken by Hannah Campbell.I read few pages of it and I got hooked to it.Very good so far.I like this book and recommend to others to read

On 01/05/2020 at 22:17, Marie H said:

Pied Piper - Nevil Shute. 

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - Yoru Sumino, Idumi Kirihara. (Manga) Sounds like a bad horror story, but it about a girl with pancreatic disease. And the illustrations are beautiful.

I am reading never broken by Hannah Campbell.It's very good book so far,got hooked to it.

On 17/12/2004 at 04:49, Bill said:

I've got no time to read any books at the moment, as this website is taking up all my time!

Over Christmas, I plan to read Jonathan Coe's follow-up to The Rotters' Club, The Closed Circle, and Graeme Thomson's biography of Elvis Costello, Complicated Shadows.

I am taking time to search and read books.I am currently reading "becoming Michelle Obama" an autobiography by former first lady.Right from the beginning I loved the book.I recommend other readers this book.Second book I am reading is "Never broken" by Hannah Campbell,if anyone of you have read it,please comment. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Ayesha, The Return of She, H Rider Haggard

Goodness that takes me back to a freezing bedroom (my father had a very Scottish attitude to heating in bedrooms, especially children's bedrooms) aged 13, finishing She and  reading Ayesha until about 4 in the morning! Can't remember the full details of the plot other than it was completelygripping.

1 hour ago, Viccie said:

Goodness that takes me back to a freezing bedroom (my father had a very Scottish attitude to heating in bedrooms, especially children's bedrooms) aged 13, finishing She and  reading Ayesha until about 4 in the morning! Can't remember the full details of the plot other than it was completelygripping.

It is certainly gripping. I remember freezing Scottish bedrooms in childhood too, and my father did have central heating on in all of them. He installed double-glazing which made a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...