Abbynormal92243

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I loved Night Soldiers.

I am currently reading Underground Airlines by Ben H. Winters.  Yet another book about an alternative underground railroad book, but very different from Colson Whitehead's book.  It's totally engrossing.  I will report back.

• 2 weeks later...

I am reading The Lizard King about the #1 smuggler or reptiles into the United States in the 1970s who was, naturally, headquartered in my hometown of Miami.  The reptile smugglers had a lot in common with others who smuggled small, easily-concealed, very valuable items and to they often smuggled snakes and cocaine, etc. at the same time.  It is very engrossing.  I will post a review when I finish, but I have already ordered a copy for my brother, who probably knows some of those people (the reptile people only, I hope), since he is at home, dealing with the effects of lymphoma and the treatment for lymphoma.  The chemo was harder on him than the actual cancer--so far--but there are still 2 areas remaining, so it looks like he has more unpleasantness in his future.  I think he'll like the book, which will be a good distraction.

21 minutes ago, Binker said:

I am reading The Lizard King about the #1 smuggler or reptiles into the United States in the 1970s who was, naturally, headquartered in my hometown of Miami.  The reptile smugglers had a lot in common with others who smuggled small, easily-concealed, very valuable items and to they often smuggled snakes and cocaine, etc. at the same time.  It is very engrossing.  I will post a review when I finish, but I have already ordered a copy for my brother, who probably knows some of those people (the reptile people only, I hope), since he is at home, dealing with the effects of lymphoma and the treatment for lymphoma.  The chemo was harder on him than the actual cancer--so far--but there are still 2 areas remaining, so it looks like he has more unpleasantness in his future.  I think he'll like the book, which will be a good distraction.

My heart skipped a beat there Binker as Jim Morrison (no, I'm not old enough to remember him) was known as the lizard king. I hope that your brother has some good news soon

10 hours ago, Minxminnie said:

Thanks Luna - so how come I searched for Jess Kidd and got no results? The search facility on this site should really work harder than a 2nd year on Friday afternoon :-)

I don't know, but all I did was to look up Hazel's reading list to get the author's name and searched on that.

On 03/07/2017 at 09:38, lunababymoonchild said:

I don't know, but all I did was to look up Hazel's reading list to get the author's name and searched on that.

Thanks Luna. I knew the author but nothing came up in the search. No idea why, but similar things have happened before.

I have the week off so starting

4 3 2 1 by Paul auster

Essentially what this means, I don't want to be carrying it with me due to size, I want to get through as much as possible of it at home :)

On July 15, 2017 at 12:26, iff said:

4 3 2 1 by Paul auster

Essentially what this means, I don't want to be carrying it with me due to size, I want to get through as much as possible of it at home :)

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this!

On 15/07/2017 at 20:26, iff said:

4 3 2 1 by Paul auster

I'm looking forward to what you have to say about this too.

I have just started Watergate: The Corruption of American Politics and the Fall of Richard Nixon by Fred Emery.

On 17/7/2017 at 16:20, Dan said:

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about this!

1 hour ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I'm looking forward to what you have to say about this too.