Abbynormal92243

Currently Reading

Last Friends by Jane Gardam, a now-favorite author I never would have known without BGO.

My latest audiobook is the massive Dune by Frank Herbert, a supposed classic of the sci-fi genre I've tackled and failed to get through in the past.

It's OK, but so far I can't see what singles this out from other space operas. It was published in 1965, so maybe its status comes from it being the first of its type.

Lost and Found by Tom Winter - another Amazon daily deal which I started reading as soon as it was downloaded unusually, somehow they usually end up on the virtual TBR pile...

Last Friends by Jane Gardam, a now-favorite author I never would have known without BGO.

Lucky you, I really want to read this! I finished The Man in the Wooden Hat about a week ago and loved it.

Viccie, I posted a review. It's not as "meaty" as the other two books, but in a way, I thought that was appropriate because it is set after all of the 3 main characters (Feathers, Betty, and Veneering) have died. I really enjoyed it.

I am currently reading Rage Against the Dying, a murder mystery of sorts, set in Tucson, Arizona.

I'm very much enjoying Anne Tyler's 'The Amateur Marriage". I'd bought five of hers in a Book People deal and thought I'd read them in date order and was consequently disappointed with two early novels of hers but this one ticks all the boxes and I'm immersed in it.

(Yes, blinker and Viccie, Jane Gardam is such a good writer:I thought her 'Old Filth' and 'The Man in the Wooden Hat' were superb.)

People of the Darkness - Tony Hillerman - about a native Indian detective on the Navajo reservation police force, lots of Indian folklore, interesting.

Hi Binker: Hadn't realized that he was no longer with us - that's sad - have always enjoyed his writing.

Am currently reading for a Book of the Month forum Zen and the Art of Motor Cycle Maintenance. Only a little ways into it and I find the narrator to be quite pompous - I hope it gets better! :rolleyes:

I am now getting back to Dan Brown's The Inferno.

Go for it Luna - hope you enjoy it! :)

Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch and Cal by Bernard MacLaverty, also a German novel by Ralph Giordano, Deutschlandreise

Armadillo by William Boyd.

Luna, I very much enjoyed Standing in Another Man's Grave.