Abbynormal92243

Currently Reading

i finished "singing from the well" by reinaldo arenas last night

I've started reading Beryl Bainbridge's final novel "According to Queeney" as my RL reading group is this month reading the late author's work.

I've never read her before but the first dozen pages of this, which has Samuel Johnson as its central character, are promising.

I've started reading Beryl Bainbridge's final novel "According to Queeney" as my RL reading group is this month reading the late author's work.

I've never read her before but the first dozen pages of this, which has Samuel Johnson as its central character, are promising.

I really enjoyed this novel, Gram - hope you do too. Inspired by you, I might even read it again as I'm having a particularly bad run of books started and abandoned because they are pants.

Now where did I put my copy...? Did I have a copy or was it a library book...

I shouldn't have done it, as I ought to be reading the Beryl Bainbridge novel I mentioned above, but I picked up David Mitchell's debut novel "Ghostwritten" at the end of last week and read about a third of it over the weekend.

It is a long time since I read a novel which engaged my attention so strongly. I thought "Cloud Atlas" flawed, but so far this is brilliant. I can see what all the fuss is about this author now.

Hi,

Just started Michael Cox, The Meaning of Night. It was recommeded to me some time ago, and I bought but didn't read it. Thought it was about time I did. Going well so far.

Best wishes,

Sam

Very much enjoying the satire The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga. As the back flap says, 'the Indian Tourist Board won't be pleased' with it.

Reading Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood - for the third time! Our RL Reading Group has chosen this and I'm fascinated to see what each member makes of it.

Currently reading Holes by Louis Sachar.

Amazing book! Even better film!

I usually prefer the book to the film, but this is an exception. I think the changes made to the story in the film make it outstanding, although the book is still fantastic.

Would recommend it to anyone.

I've gotten myself into a right fankle. I'm still part way through Lonesome Dove, then I read a few pages of Moon Tiger and then I started Shutter Island.

Garrgh, too many books ........

After the Fire, A Still Small Voice by Evie Wyld. It has taken me half of the book to understand its weird structure Still not sure if I like it though.

currently

island beneath the sea - isabel allende

the kite runner - khaled hosseini

the three emperors - miranda carter