Abbynormal92243

Currently Reading

Forgot to take my book to the V&A with me today, so missed the opportunity of several hours reading time when travelling and otherwise not actually looking at exhibits. :o

Therefore I am still reading The Bronski House - or not, as I am either too busy or too tired at the moment.

Halfway through "The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet" by David Mitchell - one of those occasions where I'm finding it a struggle, while being in awe of the brilliant writing - I know I'll be glad I persevered when I get to the end.

Ooh - I'm looking forward to that one - I read a review and interview with him in the Sunday paper a bit ago. He isn't often interviewed. Do let us know what you think when you finish.

Zebra

I've devoured 5 books in the last week!

(Time-Traveller's Wife

Secret Life of Bees

perks of being a wallflower

Dogs of Babel

Due Diligence)

Getting through five books in a week seems like an unattainable dream to me!

At the moment I'm reading Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. I've been reading it for months; study commitments mean I've had few opportunities to read for pleasure without feeling extremely guilty! I hope to finish it within the next couple of weeks :)

Just reading: Nomade auf vier Kontinenten. Auf den Spuren von Sir Richard Francis Burton This is a great addition to the The Collector of Worlds by Ilija Trojanow, a book I just read with my RL book club

Hi,

I finished Robertson Davies' Deptford Trilogy last Friday evening (June 4), and started Neal Stephenson's Anathem the following morning. Now 300 pages into its 900 or so. A bit of a difficult start, but after about 70 pages it clicked, and I'm lapping it up.

I was going to tackle his Cryptonomicon first, but this popped into my hands in the bookshop, and said 'Read me. Now!', so how could I decline?

After Anathem, Cryptonomicon and The Baroque Cycle await!

Best wishes,

Sam

Currently reading

"Jude the Obscure" by Thomas Hardy,

"God is the Gospel" by John Piper and

"The Ode less travelled" by Stephen Fry.

I am half way through reading (and enjoying enormously) the Reginald Perrin Omnibus - which I bought after the review I read on here, but I abandoned that last weekend to read my much anticipated Dead in the Family (10th Sookie Stackhouse book) by Charlaine Harris - which I have done a review on on the Sookie thread in the fantasy section. I tried to have restraint I really did, knew from previous experience that once I picked up that book I would not put it down till I finished it, so I sarted to read it Friday evening when I knew I would have to put it down due to the fact I had to get to bed early because I had to be up at 6am for work the next morning, but when I got home from work Saturday evening I picked it up and read and by stupid o clock in the early hours of Sunday morning I had finished it. I also re read a book which I though I'd long since lost but which resurfaced the other day, namely There is a happy land by Keith Waterhouse, one of my favourites as a child and I was overjoyed when it turned up again. So I reacquainted myself with it and read it in an evening. Back to Reggie Perrin now!

I didn't get where I am today by abandoning books I've half read!! ;)

I am two and a half books through 2666 by Roberto Bolano and am finding it strangely addictive - although I think I am hitting the long-needed-a-good-edit-but-it-was-too-late section that others have spoken about on the thread.

Zebra