Currently Reading

Abbynormal92243

Just finished Solar. I'm musing over it now....

It certainly leaves me with no doubt of what a find writer McEwan is - if there was any to begin with. The way he captures the inner working of people that seem so dissimilar to himself is almost frightening.

Don't know if anyone else here is reading it - but is your book jacket as sensually pleasing as mine is? I don't know what kind of paper it's made of - but it's velvety! I keep stroking my book. (Seriously)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read that a while back. Look forward to your thoughts!

I loved Benny and Shrimp, it makes me smile to think of it.

Currently reading To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis then I think I'm going to indulge myself even further and re-read The Dark Lord Of Derkholm by Diana Wynne Jones.

Just started reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Zusak has fast become one of my favourite writers and I am very much looking forward to reading his most famous and praised book. Can it live up to the Wolfe brothers?

Just started reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Zusak has fast become one of my favourite writers and I am very much looking forward to reading his most famous and praised book. Can it live up to the Wolfe brothers?

Hazel,

I read that book not long ago and really enjoyed it. Is there anything else you can recommend from Zusak? Thanks!

I read that book not long ago and really enjoyed it. Is there anything else you can recommend from Zusak? Thanks!

I Am The Messenger, which was my favourite book of last year - it's just fantastic. And his two Wolfe brother books, Getting the Girl and Fighting Rueben Wolfe are both excellent too. Zusak is just a wonderful writer.

Alone in Berlin by Hans FALLADA.

I'd seen this in my local indie book store and thought that it would make me look serious and clever to you guys. Then it was given a good write up in the Times of Saturday and so I am sure that it will be all over the board soon.

It is great- I am a couple of hundred pages in and it has me gripped.

In short it is about dissenting voices in Nazi Berlin

I'd seen this in my local indie book store and thought that it would make me look serious and clever to you guys. Then it was given a good write up in the Times of Saturday and so I am sure that it will be all over the board soon.

Clearly you've mistaken this forum for someplace else. However, if you post your thoughts on this book, it may appeal to other members and you might find it "all over the board". I have it on my TBR pile, to read, not to impress.

Not normally my genre, but enjoyed it. blah, blah, blah.
"Enjoyed it" past tense? This is the 'currently reading' thread. Maybe you'd like to post your thoughts on this book, beyond "blah blah blah", with a proper thread in 21st C literature.

Silly season opened up this morning?

"Enjoyed it" past tense? This is the 'currently reading' thread. Maybe you'd like to post your thoughts on this book, beyond "blah blah blah", with a proper thread in 21st C literature.

Silly season opened up this morning?

In fairness, H, Vague is living up to his/her handle ;).