Currently Reading

Abbynormal92243

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool - actually, it has surprised me. Despite the recommendations, I still thought it might be hype over substance, but it is really holding my attention. The mystery that we are introduced to within the first 70 pages or so is an intriguing one - old-fashioned kind of mystery story too.

As my library has no copy of 'Dixie Fried' (Preacher book 5) I've had to request that they buy it so god only knows when it will arrive.

I had serious indecision problems about what to read last night. Took several books out and then didn't start them. Eventually started 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'. Read one chapter and enjoyed it.

I want an electric sheep!

Yesterday I switched from The Case for God to The Lost Symbol and oh boy, I don't think that I'll do that again. With The Case for God I'm finding I need to read some parts aloud before I get a sense of it - and even then sometimes not at all (clearly not an activity for in front of the TV) - and The Lost Symbol is horrendously bad. I feel like Jekyl and Hyde!

The Quickening Maze by Adam Foulds - from the Man Booker shortlist. Although the prize has been awarded our RL reading group are still reading and commenting on their website about these books.

Finding this one difficult to settle into. Mind you after Wolf Hall I'm finding all books difficult to settle into.

The Quickening Maze by Adam Foulds - from the Man Booker shortlist. Although the prize has been awarded our RL reading group are still reading and commenting on their website about these books.

Finding this one difficult to settle into. Mind you after Wolf Hall I'm finding all books difficult to settle into.

Me too, Barblue. I did eventually get into it and enjoyed it, but I wouldn't put it in the same league as my top three from the shortlist - The Glass Room by Simon Mawer, Summertime by J.M.Coetzee and Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.

I just finished Kevin Cummins' beautiful book of photography about the Manchester music scene from punk to Oasis. There are essays by music journalists covering four periods of musical history in the city. It's a gorgeous book - my review is in the music and arts bit, I think.

Just about to start Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann.