Abbynormal92243

Currently Reading

Time for a change from old murder mysteries, so I have started Small Steps by Louis Sachar for light relief.  After just a few pages I am pretty sure that Armpit is going to lose his savings, and am getting quite anxious about him. 

It's YA book, for goodness sake - it shouldn't be sending my blood pressure up!

About to start The Swimming Pool Season by Rose Tremain, which has been on my TBR pile for years, and for some reason I have always rejected it when choosing my next read. At least, I have no record of ever reading it.

There has only ever been one of Tremain's books that I haven't enjoyed so I trust that , in spite of my previous reluctance to start it, this is another good one.

Ladder of Years by Anne Tyler

I don't think I have read this before, although it has been on my TBR pile since 2010.  I did post on its thread back then that I had read just the first page, which had a "Missing Person" announcement that had shocked me and other readers. I then set it aside for a later date, 'rationing' my intake of Anne Tyler, but I didn't intend it to be set aside for 9 years 

Freshwater by akwaeke emezi

I've just started The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, and am loving it so far.  I'm looking forward to all the twists and turns and intrigue, which I know are waiting for me!

Me, too, Onion Budgie.  I cannot imagine where we are going to end up and am enjoying the inventive story telling.

16 hours ago, Binker said:

Me, too, Onion Budgie.  I cannot imagine where we are going to end up and am enjoying the inventive story telling.

I've just reached the morning of Day Two, and I'm starting to cackle in glee!  This is going to be FUN. 

On 19/03/2019 at 16:40, Onion Budgie said:

I've just started The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, and am loving it so far.  I'm looking forward to all the twists and turns and intrigue, which I know are waiting for me!

20 hours ago, Binker said:

Ooh good! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!

Bossypabts by Tina Fey which I'm really enjoying. I think I'm going to have a quote from her laminated and hung above my husband's desk:

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something it is empirically not good."

I loved Bossypants.  And you should do that and let us know how he reacts.