What films have you seen recently?

Hazel

I've finally got round to watching The Hobbit films.  I thought the first one was a bit of a slog, and ended up fast forwarding a few bits, but the 2nd and 3rd films were much better, although I did think that the love triangle was superfluous, and sometimes with all the different battles going on I wasn't always sure who was fighting who exactly!  It was of course very padded out and no way should it have been 3 films, two would have been stretching it but overall I thought they were better than I expected.  Not as good as LotR though, however I did think Martin Freeman was well cast as Bilbo and was excellent in the role. 

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the film version of "The Dry" last night (it's based on Jane Harper's book), it was quite good, a bit slow to start but stuck pretty closely to the book.  A bit depressing though!  I think the book was better paced and had more character development.

On 12/08/2021 at 09:54, Madeleine said:

I watched the film version of "The Dry" last night (it's based on Jane Harper's book), it was quite good, a bit slow to start but stuck pretty closely to the book.  A bit depressing though!  I think the book was better paced and had more character development.

I hadn't read the book but watched the film last week and I did like it