Sign in to follow this  
blueangel

what is the book you are craving for?

hey! I'm just curious, hmm, what is the book you are craving for??

As for me, i guess its Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I pity myself for not reading it yet... :D

Hi Blueangel - read it, loved it, bought the next three! Enjoy yourself when you get round to it. Nothing I'm really craving at the mo' but I do feel a re-read of Pride and Prejudice coming on. :)

I'm craving a bit of sci-fi at the mo. Waiting for the new Peter F. Hamilton to come out at the end of the week.

JV Jones to bring out the next two books so I can know what's gonna happen to Raif!

That and to read Brisinger.

And the rest of the Battleaxe series, because I need a bit of reality shifting. :)

A new one from JN Stoyar.
I second that. Can't we somehow contact her and tell her BGO needs another novel from her?

I second that. Can't we somehow contact her and tell her BGO needs another novel from her?

who is this JN Stoyar you speak so highly of?

as soon as i heard Joseph Boyden had published his second novel i was keen as i had s0000 enjoyed his first called "The Three Day Road". that particular book tells the story of an elderly Cree woman who paddles down from Moosenee (on James Bay) to collect her nephew who is returning from World War I, minus a leg and addicted to morphine. it was a great and well-told story.

his new novel is called "Through Black Spruce" and i know nothing about it except that it was just recently nominated for the Giller Prize so i am even more keen to read it. the Giller Prize is given annually to the best Canadian novel published that year.

who is this JN Stoyar you speak so highly of?
Check out Hazel's link, get yourself a copy and start reading. You will be hooked as all of us BGO members are/were. I guess she sold most of her books here between the members. And - you can't truly call yourself a BGO member before you haven't read her two (very) large books. ;) But joking aside - they're really worth it. (And I am not related to her or friends to her or otherwise connected, I swear!)

Check out Hazel's link, get yourself a copy and start reading. You will be hooked as all of us BGO members are/were. I guess she sold most of her books here between the members. And - you can't truly call yourself a BGO member before you haven't read her two (very) large books. ;) But joking aside - they're really worth it. (And I am not related to her or friends to her or otherwise connected, I swear!)

well no sense being here if i'm not going to 'join the club'!!

thanks Momo and Hazel for your posts - i will definitely check out her 'very large books'.

i'll just add them to the list. ;)

Has anyone seen this series of classics in hardback?

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=6409357

They seem to be a Waterstones exclusive. At £12.99, they're fairly expensive, and they're likely to be all books you already have (P&P and S&S, Tess, Great Expectations, Madame Bovary, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights ...), but they are gorgeous and would make lovely Christmas presents. There seems to be a good poetry anthology, though I didn't see it instore tonight.