Rest in Peace

Hazel

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found the funeral director's notification of momac's funeral (thank you Google), and have added a brief message where there is space for people to add their memories of her. Apart from mine, the only message is from a family member about her love of the spring garden.

Here is the link, should anyone else want to add their thoughts.

https://www.legacy.com/ca/obituaries/thespec/name/maureen-mckee-obituary?pid=200465102

Edited by lunababymoonchild
Moved to Rest In Peace to keep all memorial posts together.

Meg,
Thank you for supplying the link: I will add my condolences presently.

I confess to having been saddened by some of the somewhat terse/laconic comments on this thread:

"Sad"... "That's a shame"... "Oh no!"

I was reminded of when my granddad died, back in 1985, and a friend I informed of his passing on the phone said "Oh sh*t!"

Please forgive me if you find me excessively fussy about such things. I am what I am.

Edited by jfp

27 minutes ago, jfp said:

Please forgive me if you find me excessively fussy about such things. I am what I am.

No, not fussy at all.

I'm afraid that my comment was a bit terse, and you will find that what I wrote on the obituary page is similarly lacking in the warmth I felt to momo while she was on BGO..

I'm not a very demonstrative person, but I should have gone away and thought about it a bit more before I wrote.

42 minutes ago, megustaleer said:

No, not fussy at all.

I'm afraid that my comment was a bit terse, and you will find that what I wrote on the obituary page is similarly lacking in the warmth I felt to momo while she was on BGO..

I'm not a very demonstrative person, but I should have gone away and thought about it a bit more before I wrote.

I think that you are entitled to write (and feel) anything you like. As is everybody else. I also think that what you wrote on the memorial page was lovely and said everything that needed to be said, which is why I didn't write anything

12 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I think that you are entitled to write (and feel) anything you like. As is everybody else. I also think that what you wrote on the memorial page was lovely and said everything that needed to be said, which is why I didn't write anything

Thank you. Nonetheless, my comment didn't express the warmth I felt towards Momo during her time here.

1 hour ago, megustaleer said:

Thank you. Nonetheless, my comment didn't express the warmth I felt towards Momo during her time here.

None of us express ourselves very well when taken by surprise by bad news. That said, I feel compelled to point out that it's Momac who is deceased,  Momo, as far as we know, is fine.

• 2 weeks later...