Hazel

Rest in Peace

Number of death

Irish country singer Big Tom died at 81. My father would be a fan of his.

Barbara Bush at 92

Dale Winton at 62

I was in Houston on the day Barbara Bush died.  I would have bet money that she would outlive her husband, who always seemed so frail.  Last year, I read a biography of George H.W. Bush by Jon Meacham (and heard Meacham speak about the book) and it was fascinating.   I didn't agree with him on everything, but he really was an honorable human being.  We wasted all of our extreme declarations of evil and incompetence on the Bushes and Reagan so that the accurate words were diluted by being applied to them when Trump was running for office.  Now I just don't watch the news.

5 hours ago, Binker said:

I was in Houston on the day Barbara Bush died.  I would have bet money that she would outlive her husband, who always seemed so frail.  Last year, I read a biography of George H.W. Bush by Jon Meacham (and heard Meacham speak about the book) and it was fascinating.   I didn't agree with him on everything, but he really was an honorable human being.  We wasted all of our extreme declarations of evil and incompetence on the Bushes and Reagan so that the accurate words were diluted by being applied to them when Trump was running for office.  Now I just don't watch the news.

very well said Binker

Spunky lady Barbara Bush - lived a long life.

Understand what you mean about the news Binker, just heard that Guiliani is joining the Trump legal team, all the shysters in the one group.  I still watch the headlines and I have read A Higher Loyalty, interesting, but not anything that hasn't been kicking around for a while. 

Edited by momac

Scott Hutchinson, 36 years old, lead singer of Scottish band Frightened Rabbit.

I saw them live twice, in 2013 at a festival and then also last year when they did an Irish tour

Beth Chatto, creator of the wonderful Beth Chatto gardens in Essex.

Fount of knowledge over many years to those visiting her gardens. Friend of that other inspirational gardener, the late Christopher Lloyd.

She will be missed by many, many keen gardeners and garden lovers.

Awww, Margot Kidder has died aged 69 - can't see yet what she has died of. Her and Christopher Reeve, awww.

Tom Wolfe at 87 (the same age as my mother).   

On 21/11/2016 at 18:02, megustaleer said:

One of my favourite writers - William Trevor

I am a big fan of William Trevor.

Great writer, I knew he was of advanced years yet only found out about his death about 5 months ago.

U.S. Senator John McCain died yesterday, a great patriot and popular politician, one of the good ones.  Held in great esteem by many.

I had alot of respect for him.

Jacqueline Kay Pearce, actor, born 20 December 1943; died 3 September 2018. R.I.P.

She was a terrific villain as Servalan in Blake’s 7. And Servalan was the best dressed villain in the Universe!!

6ECF5F65-1897-4BB7-AA48-BA200282DF56.jpeg

Edited by Marie H

We were talking about her at work yesterday, definitely one of the best villains ever, in any genre.

Also Fenella Fielding, probably best known for Carry on Screaming.

And Denis Norden (presenter).

On 10/1/2018 at 20:49, megustaleer said:

So do I.

Also Geoffrey Hayes.

'Rainbow' was regular viewing when my sons were small.

it was regular viewing when i was small too :)

that made me sad