Sign in to follow this  
David

Office-Speak

A term that I have often come across at work recently is 'time sensitive'. Packages and letters are time sensitive, as are tasks and projects but unfortunately no-one has yet seen fit to apply it to meetings.

Hubby just called to confess that he just said the following in a meeting -

...a lot has slipped through the net, so we just have to make sure that we tighten up those net-holes...

I called him a...(b)anker. Well, he does work for the Royal.

I remember the computers at work were all programmed to have the same screen-saver (look at me, 2 computer-jargonese in one sentence - you'd almost be forgiven for thinking I know what I am talking about), that read 'Positive Mental Attitude' in rainbow, wavy font. It drove me insane.

That's insane! How can not being allowed even the small freedom of choosing what your own pc displays in idle moments would NOT give me a PMA aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhh!

21 hours ago, MisterHobgoblin said:

Deliverables - and we're not talking pizzas.

And undeliverables :)

Management at my office often use these phrases "We are where we are" and "It is what it is" which always make me smile.

15 hours ago, Clavain said:

And undeliverables :)

Management at my office often use these phrases "We are where we are" and "It is what it is" which always make me smile.

I'm guilty of those :geek: