Sign in to follow this  

She has a lot of books so I thought to start a thread to just dicuss any. :D I've just finished reading "The Greatest Knight", it's really really good! I'm interested in the central character now and have looked him up on Wikipedia. I bought five of her books without actually having read one, so it's a good job I liked it lol. I have the sequel to "The Greatest Knight" and will read it after a suitable gap between genres lol.

Oh, the book tells the true story of a landless knight rising to become an earl. That makes it sound a bit boring but you'll really like the character and I couldn't put it down. :)

Hi LauraLou

I am reading 'the Conquest' by the same author at the moment, and I love it! I thought it was going to be really trashy, but to my suprise I am gripped!

I've read a few Elizabeth Chadwick books now; The Greatest Knight, Shadows and Strongholds and The Marsh King's Daughter (ok, well I've read 3!).

Whilst I don't think they are as good as Philippa Gregory - who also does the historical fiction - I think they are good reads and I definitely wouldn't hesitate in chossing another of Chadwick's book on my next visit to the library. I also thought they'd be trashy (I wonder why they give that impression) but I'm glad to say that I was proved wrong competely.

I find her easier to read than Philippa Gregory, although she's also one of my favourite authors. I've got The Marsh King's Daughter, but I haven't read it yet. I'm going to read "The Scarlet Lion" soon which is the sequel to "The Greatest Knight".

I love her books, Marsh King is excellent and The Scarlet Lion is also one of my favourites.  I also really enjoyed A Place Beyond Courage, which is about William Marshal's dad, John.  Gradually working my way through her books, she writes very well but doesn't drown the reader in her research.