That's Not My...

Hazel

Fiona Watt, a huge name in childrens' books and arts and craft books, has created a series of these Usbourne Touchy-Feely books for babies and toddlers. Small, square rigid hardbacks, each has 5 pages or so that follow the pattern of "That's not my ...car, it's bumper is too lumpy" and the picture shows a bright car with a touchy-feely section of ridged paper, or whatever to match the adjective.

My youngest (3) has about 15 of these books, and literally can't get enough of them: That's Not My...Car, Snowman, Train, Penguin, Lorry, Monster, Dragon, Bunny, Van, Robot... Even though he knows all the words, he still gets huge enjoyment from reading and playing with these books, and in the meantime has learned a lot of textures and ways to describe them. When you get to the final page and actually meet the item that it yours, my son screams out "That's my...!" He gets so excited to finally find his item.

Great fun - but at 3, I can just begin to see him grow out of them.