Sign in to follow this  
Roman blood

what do think of his books - Shaun Hutson

Roman blood, entering the author's name when you start a new thread does not place the name in your actual post. With the title you need to do this as an edit after starting the thread, otherwise the author's name appears twice in the index.

I've edited your post for you.

Edit: slight problem with the name repetition! I'll get back to this.

I read a few Shaun Hutson books when I was younger and even then I found them crass, badly written and full of schoolboy (sexual) fantasy. Hutson should win awards for the amount of times he has the phrase "shivered involuntarily" in his writing.

I remember reading Nemesis when I was in school and absolutely loving it. Then I read Death Day and even then, at about fourteen, I knew it was damn awful. Not just the premise, which was one of those mystic medallions possessing people ones, but the writing was the biggest horror of all. I never bought another Shaun Hutson after that, with the exception of the Shaun Hutson Horror Film Quiz Book, which I was damned good at.

He's a great writer, end of story.

I liked the premise of this BBC3 show: six authors each start a short story and a competition is run for viewers to finish a story, with one story per week I think. As I never had access to BBC3 at the time the series aired I never actually saw the show, but you can read the stories on that link above.

Ah, yes, Spawn and Relics...they stand out as 'favourites' in my teen years. If I remember rightly Relics was based on a Aleistair Crowley sort of man.

I read a couple of books in my early teens. Relics was one and Slugs was another. I think, even then, I realised that he wasn't a good writer. In Relics, whenever a character smoked a cigarette, he used the phrase "sucked on a cigarette". Every damn time.

In Relics, whenever a character smoked a cigarette, he used the phrase "sucked on a cigarette".
At least it wasn't "sucked down on a cigarette" - I hate that hard-boiled cliche.

Or "sucked down hard on a cigarette". Shudder.

He ( bloody) great top notch the godfather of gore if you like slugs eating people alive and seeing murders thru the killers eyes and snuff movies etc he's your man does some good urban thrillers too have read most his books didn't like the IRA stuff though