Coming to a Screen Near You

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, David. One of my jobs for tomorrow was to look up the big film releases of the next 6 months to see if there are any book related promotions we can run. I think you've probably saved me more time that you realise by linking the article!

• 2 months later...

The IMDB article contains a massive spoiler, or at least makes something explicit which is not explained until well into the novel.

edit - I don't think it's a film I'll be able to watch, I found the novel too disturbing.

Am looking forward to David's reaction when he thinks about this:

I'll be straight onto one of those sites where you can buy movie props they've finished with once the film's complete. I mean they're not going to want her clone any more, are they...?

Customers who purchased the KK Clone also purchased this...

:D

I was thinking more along the lines of the bump shield, actually...

Edit: There's a joke that would have worked better if the page had stayed the same! When I initially clicked I was taken here

• 3 weeks later...

I don't usually take much (if any) notice of what films are due out, but I am quite looking forward to

Where The Wild Things Are, as the book was a favourite of my sons when they were small.

Unfortunately, the YouTube trailer/Teaser I was about to link to has been taken down. :(

• 3 weeks later...
Am I missing something? I just get a big black screen anyway?

Hmmm - sorry about that. It worked earlier. I linked directly to the Warner page.

Anyway, to make up for it I'll save you going anywhere and you can just treat the black screen as an advance trailer for the Deathly Hallows!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BDVbxop-eo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BDVbxop-eo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tim Burton's latest re-imagining is to be Alice in Wonderland - a book that is certainly well-suited to his particular talents! That said, I think he's at his most questionable when he puts his re-imagining hat on (Planet of the Apes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) so it remains to be seen how successful this will turn out to be.

I'm a huge Burton fan (though I'm beginning to wish Helena Wifey-Carter didn't appear in everything he makes) and am looking forward to this, so I was pleased to see the latest pics to be released look very promising on the visual front at least.

USA Today

• 2 weeks later...

And carrying on the Tim Burton theme I've been interested in the trailers for another project - this time with him as producer. 9 has that strange, entrancing originality that I enjoy about Burton, doubtless helped by the involvement of Timur Bekmambetof, who was at the helm of the equally original (though very different) Night and Day Watch films.

A sort of Terminator with toys, it looks very promising. Have a look for yourself here.

• 1 month later...
Though I am dismayed to see that Anthony Hopkins is in it - I do not like him. He ruins the artifice of films for me.

He's become a little too mannered and self-conscious as the years have gone on (and I hate his little filmic turns in the Sky HD ads) but didn't you like him as Lecter? I thought that was an excellent performance.

Anyway, as I've noted on other occasions I'm a huge Terry Gilliam fan and I've been waiting in anticipation for his latest outing, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - an expectation added to by the fact it is Heath Ledger's final performance and also sports a superb cast, including Johnny Depp.

I've finally seen the trailer and found the hairs pricking on the back of my neck. A core of Gilliam's genius is his remarkable imagination and this seems to have been given full rein here. It looks stunning and I'm very excited!

So, whack this on full-screen!

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

but didn't you like him as Lecter? I thought that was an excellent performance.
Oh, of course, but that's about it really...I preferred Brian Cox's turn as Lecter in Manhunter. Pity they couldn't get him for Silence of the Lambs.