Sign in to follow this  
Hazel

Subscribers' Offer - Xmas Number Ones Quiz

Do you have to answer them all to enter?

Not at all - enter answering as many questions as you can.

Thanks Meg for your entry.

2 days left guys!

You have till midnight tonight to submit your entry for this quiz, after then the shutters come down like a clanging portcullis and our very own BGO Scrooge will allow no more entries. Bon chance!

When does afternoon become evening?

Presumably after Hazel has dealt with dinner, bath time and getting the wee bairns tucked up in bed, downed a large glass of Pinot Grigio, and had a chance to catch her breath!

Presumably after Hazel has dealt with dinner, bath time and getting the wee bairns tucked up in bed, downed a large glass of Pinot Grigio, and had a chance to catch her breath!

And her poor old mum's broken arm!

Sorry for the delay folks - mum's broken arm did indeed keep me from the computer last night.

Do we need a drumroll? Okay, to extract an outright winner it went down to 2 people and I marked on exact answers - song titles or artist names. So in third place, we have........our illustrious father....Bill! In second place...a valiant effort from Lipstick_librarian. Which leads us hurtling to the overall winner...a tremendous effort from...Momo...(and her sons!). Congratulations Momo. Bill and L_l receive a selection box and Momo, a special prize to be opened on Christmas Day. Could L_l and Momo please PM me their addresses asap and I'll pass it on to Santa?

Congratulations to all our winners and a special thank you for joining in the quiz! :flowers:

Before anyone cries 'fix', I did try to persuade Hazel that I should be ineligible for a prize, but she wouldn't have it.

Thanks Hazel. Can't believe I didn't get Reet Petite!

FI...

Before anyone cries 'fix', I did try to persuade Hazel that I should be ineligible for a prize, but she wouldn't have it.

Ohhh.

Well for crying out...

I'd just got my brand burning and everything!

Is there a pitchfork section on E-Bay?

He did, but as you have all come to realise, I am a stubborn old mare, and for goodness sake, it's Christmas!

I meant to say, congratulations to Momo and her boys. I'm very impressed that a family of Germans living in the Netherlands know more about UK Christmas number ones than any of us British.

Well done to the winners - all prizes have been posted now and hopefully Momo will visit us after Christmas to give us her winner's speech and tell us what Santa left under her tree. I can pass on that she was both surprised and pleased to have won.

Hazel, thanks so much for the lovely Cadbury's Selection box, which has arrived. I ought to give some to Harriet and her Mum, who helped out with a few, but I'm not sure there'll be anything left for them.

Glad to hear you got in touch with Momo, and her prize is on its way.

I ought to give some to Harriet and her Mum, who helped out with a few, but I'm not sure there'll be anything left for them.

Is there anything left now? ;)

party-smiley-018.gif

Having triumphed ( ;) ) in the Xmas Number Ones quiz, which Hazel so kindly organised, I came home yesterday to find I'd won £20 of HMV vouchers for filling in an online survey. Woo-hoo, I thought. And then wondered whether these things really do happen in threes....

Well.... they do!party-smiley-018.gif

I've just opened my work post to find £100 worth of WHSmith vouchers - again for filling in a survey! Half is to spend on books for the school library, and half is just for me. Yippee :D

I finish work in 16 minutes, and guess where I'm going...

I've just opened my work post to find £100 worth of WHSmith vouchers...

Christmas come early, eh? Well done! I used to do a number of online surveys but never had much luck in their prize draws. My regular was a TV survey, for which I won a couple of £5 Amazon vouchers, but they didn't cough up the promised on a special media survey I did and my e-mails of complaint were never responded to. I didn't bother participating any more.

I meant to say, congratulations to Momo and her boys. I'm very impressed that a family of Germans living in the Netherlands know more about UK Christmas number ones than any of us British.
Don't forget, most of those songs are pretty international and we have lived in the UK for quite a while. Also, I have always loved music and am interested in the background and the lyrics all the time.
Congratulations, Momo. I was too delirious at my own success to say that earlier! Any chance of a victory speech?
I'm not great at speeches, only this: :notworthy I must say, I was speechless to have won and I'm really happy. Don't win very often. :banana: