Sign in to follow this  
Webby

House

Why is there no discussion about House?

It's probably my favourite show - certainly one of the view things where I will tune in for every episode without fail. I've thought it was genius right from the first episode, and Hugh Laurie is simply awesome in the role. Apparently the director didn't even realise he wasn't American when he first auditioned.

Currently watching series 4 along with the Americans. I won't reveal anything to be sure nothing is spoiled for those yet to see it, but safe to say this programme just keeps on getting better and better.

Regular BGOers will know that I am a huge fan of House. Essential viewing in my household. Laurie is superb, and though the show is formulaic, the script is why I keep watching. I am sure there was a House thread before the crash...

I made my way through the start of the House weekend today on hallmark channel.

House has to be the cream of the hospital/drama crop. It has the right science, the right witty remarks and the sheer genius that is the character House, it sure makes for a fantastic watch.

I love the program and am glad they've started showing it again.

Just listening to a very old episode of the radio version of Whose Line Is It Anyway with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. It's very hard to believe that this terribly English silly comic is House!

Just listening to a very old episode of the radio version of Whose Line Is It Anyway with Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. It's very hard to believe that this terribly English silly comic is House!

Ah, yes, I listened to that too! Good old BBC7. I also read Laurie's introduction to a volume of Jeeves stories last weekend; again, so quintessentially English that one can't help but admire the way he's transformed himself.

I'm going to start recording series 2 tomorrow night off Five US.

So quintessentially English, that I read he walked out of the filming of the recent series to go home to his family and England.

House M.D. is back on Five tonight - wooo hooooo.

Oh, so is Grey's Anatomy, not my thing, but someone is bound to be pleased!

Has anyone been watching the new series on Five just now? It is terribly distracting because 2 of the candidate for internship come from other programmes and I can't get their previous incarnations out of my head. Clare from The Book Group/Precious from Friends plays 'cut-throat bitch'. And '13' is played by a girl (Seth's then Marissa's lesbian girlfriend) in The O.C. which to my shame is my breakfast watching just now. It's distracting me from House's wonderful put-downs.

I know what you mean Hazel, the "Old Guy" That isn't a doctor used to have a recurring role in Stargate SG-1 (another one of my favourites).

Also, does anyone else think it's a big mistake to keep the "old" team hanging around making cameos?????? Why don't they have the guts to just get rid, instead of leaving things open in case the audience don't like the replacements!

I know what you mean Hazel, the "Old Guy" That isn't a doctor used to have a recurring role in Stargate SG-1 (another one of my favourites).
See, I didn't know that but now that I do...thankfully

he got fired last night.

Also, does anyone else think it's a big mistake to keep the "old" team hanging around making cameos?????? Why don't they have the guts to just get rid, instead of leaving things open in case the audience don't like the replacements!
It's all a bit bizarre really. Now that Omar Epps is back in the fold, I guess the other 2 will follow - I can't imagine any of the new interns actually becoming mainstays. Though I liked 'Old Guy that isn't a doc'.

If it wasn't for the Cuddy/House/Wilson love triangle, I would have to question my loyalties! Still, the script still dazzles.

As for your spoiler Hazel.......

I seem to remember that he was offered an assistants job once House found out that he wasn't a doctor, so hopefully he'll be back!

After a kind of hit and miss affair with Series 4, I am pleased to say that after finishing Series 5 this afternoon, I am delighted that this show is back on form. What a finale. Dialogue between House and Wilson, House and Cuddy, Cuddy and Wilson is just about some of the funniest scripting I have had the pleasure to witness. Smart, quick and damn funny. But god, is the show formulaic. Even the beginnings now, which generally feature 2 people and one clearly has something wrong, I say to myself, "it isn't them, it's the other person that will have something seriously wrong" and wait for it to happen. And House's epiphany moments. Every bleedin' episode. I wish the writers would pay as much attention to the main diagnosis story as they do to the character interactions. I know the diagnosis stuff is second fiddle to House's dramas...but a little more attention please.

I really enjoyed series 1 and 2, but have lost interest a little in season 3. I'm finding it like CSI - well made, great lead characters, but the formula is starting to wear a bit thin on me.

Did you hear that Italian doctors sued the show for giving false information about healing?!

Apparently, some of their doctors took them for granted and harmed the patient or something...

Honestly, I was shocked to hear that as I can't believe that someone would use any knowledge they gained from TV in their job..They obviously do not share my opinion and blame the television instead of that doctor who obviously lacks in training.

I'm also a big fan of the show, by the way!