What song is on your brain...right now?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Heinrich Maneuver" by Interpol, after having seen them turn in a magnificent performance at Alexandra Palace last night.

Hubby and I went to see U2's Elevation tour a while back and Interpol were the support act. He actually enjoyed them more than U2 and has been an avid fan ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

When I listen to an album I know very well, I find that in the days afterwards various tracks are on my brain in rotation. I listened to the highly underrated Catatonia's album International Velvet in the car the other day, and have had Road Rage, Johnny Come Lately, Why I Can't Stand One Night Stands, I Am The Mob, My Selfish Gene, Goldfish and Paracetamol and Strange Glue going round on a loop ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Goodbye - The Beatles. I played the original and the Anthology versions at the same time yesterday and was quite surprised that they kept perfect time with each other. I assume both were based on the same rhythm track. As I started them about a quarter of a second apart, the effect on the drums and vocals was quite pleasing!

Dr Hook, A Little Bit More - surely one of the simplest and sexiest love-songs ever.

You can take your choice between this camp Brokeback Mountain-y version:

or else something more soulful and Sylvia's Mother-y...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AoN0uJvw_8&feature=related

Can anyone tell me which recording is the original? They both sound so very familiar...

EDIT I now reckon the camp version features the original recording.

At any rate it's certainly not this Double Dutch one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0euJ51_3-3o&feature=related

('en you tink I love you...)