Sign in to follow this  
Bill

What song is on your brain...right now?

You know how, when you have a song in your head which reminds you of another song? Well, I currently have a medley of Eric Burdon & The Animals' San Franciscan Nights and the Nashville Teens' Tobacco Road.

Haha...I had a song called Chillin' at the Grotto stuck in ym head on the bus home today. The only reason I can think of is because of a Christmas Concert which is coming up at college.

I just find it slightly humerous when songs that I haven't heard in an age suddenly turn up in my head heehee

it's so strange but i love it!

Welcome to the Dynasty's Lounge,

In this Lab we be creating new sounds,

People gather round

*bu-dum-dum-tshhhh

We're Chillin' at the Grotto!

haha I love it! ;)

Ode to Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry has been going round in my head for the last few days, since I caught it on a repeat of TOTP2 on a satellite channel. I can't listen to it as I don't own a copy - I suspect my parents must though as I found I know most of the lyrics!

The Battle Of Evermore - Led Zeppelin

I listened to Remasters Vol 1 a couple of days ago. Am I right in assuming this new compilation by Jimmy Page is a remaster of the remasters?

Probably, Bill! At the risk of (briefly) wandering off-topic, Led Zep have 2 entries in this week's UK singles charts - Stairway To Heaven is at 37, and Whole Lotta Love is somewhere in the 60s.

I'll Never Fall In Love Again. Not sure from whence that one sprang!

Could it be from this:

Ode to Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry

since Bobbie Gentry sang both?

You know how, when you have a song in your head which reminds you of another song? Well, I currently have a medley of Eric Burdon & The Animals' San Franciscan Nights and the Nashville Teens' Tobacco Road.

Yes, I have a few of those. I've been watching a few episodes of Seinfeld in the early hours while feeding Dylan, and the theme tune has a riff that always puts Bobby Brown's My Prerogative. So I often go around with that on my brain as a result.

I woke up this morning singing Elton John's Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word...and now I can't get the damn thing out of my head. I bloomin' hate that song...and Elton John.

Keep getting 'Mr Bojangles' running through my head this morning. Don't know where that came from...

I hope it's the Sinatra version and NOT Robbie Williams...