Lei-Lei Jayenne

What song are you listening to... right NOW?

It's a fine line - but shouldn't this be in Music & Culture? Does anyone object if I move it there, as I have an idea for a companion thread to go with it.

It's a fine line - but shouldn't this be in Music & Culture? Does anyone object if I move it there, as I have an idea for a companion thread to go with it.

In fact the original one was.

Fine by me - but then since I never listen to music while I'm on BGO I'm not exactly going to be a mammoth contributor...

For The Love Of Ivy - The Mamas & The Papas

Meg - I am truly impressed! A terrific song - which I have on original RCA-Victor 45. I've never met anyone else who even knows this song.

Empty - Del Amitri

Meg - I am truly impressed! A terrific song - which I have on original RCA-Victor 45. I've never met anyone else who even knows this song.
I've got it on a 'Best of..' type compilation in iTunes, and it had just 'shuffled' into play. I rather liked it.

Time Goes By - Vera Lynn, currently.

And what a great sitcom that was/is :P

His Lordship is playing some of his music - has anyone else heard of Tarja Turunen?

I have just interrupted him to watch youtube videos of The Beatles "Lady Madonna" and "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" which featured in a medley I played with band in a concert tonight.

Another Children of Bodom classic heehee (i seem to be making a night of it :) )

Needled 24/7 this time. Fantastic harmonised solos in total Bodom style ;)

Ahh fantastic..makes me sing along everytime :D

Cello Song by Nick Drake.

I've just popped this on. A Nick Drake album, Five Leaves Left, featured highly a couple of years ago in a Guardian list of the best British albums ever, and I'd never heard of him, so I decided to investigate.

Thanks, Miriam: just what I was in the mood for this evening.

Paul Simon, You Can Call Me Al

Not sure how well this has stood the test of time...

EDIT: actually, I am sure. It still sounds good (to me). But it is ineluctably associated with memories of my 28th birthday... and, twenty years on, my being 28 has not exactly stood the test of time... :confused: