Lovesreading07

Lovesreading, I've moved your thread into Announcements and Tips, which is where technical questions generally go.

As far as avatars are concerned, you can either go to an avatar site which contains a number of them to choose from, such as here or here, although you should note that we don't usually like moving avatars since they tend to be a distraction when you're reading posts.

Alternatively, just find a picture you like and which you think would look good in the smaller size then reduce it to fit the specified dimensions. For that you could use the avatar sizer program that can be downloaded from here. I've downloaded and used that program myself and it's been fine! Just make sure you note the size restrictions specified on your profile page under avatars.

• 2 months later...

Just make sure you note the size restrictions specified on your profile page under avatars.

I went to my profile page, under Edit Avatar. All it says is that I don't have one. And there is a box that says "Do not use avatar". I cannot unclick that box. So is the answer: NO avatars?

• 5 years later...

lucyb

I don't know why it didn't work. We did have a problem with avatars after the crash and this may be related. David might know more or be able to advise a solution when he is back. In the meantime, it might be worth double checking the attributes. File size and dimensions both need to be checked.

grasshopper

David will be able to advise if he can fix this for you.

I went to my profile page, under Edit Avatar. All it says is that I don't have one. And there is a box that says "Do not use avatar". I cannot unclick that box. So is the answer: NO avatars?

lol, this person from 2008 might have caused confusion with me if they had stayed.

Grasshopper - you probably missed the thread from soon after our return where recent subscribers put their hands up for re-subscriberfication. All sorted now.

Lucyb - I see no more than you when it comes to avatars, so nothing sticks out for me. Obviously do check both file size and dimensions are within the set limits. I've deleted your current no-show avatar so it's a clean slate for you to try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any woman who would feel ruffled by someone calling them 'sexy'?

Looking good L, looking good. And if I may be so bold, you'll look damned fine come Saturday and have raised a shedload of cash for a worthy cause too. Now if that's not sexy, I don't know what is.

Edited by Hazel

Just had a donation that took me over the £1000 mark adding in off-line sponsor forms so am feeling pret-ty damn fine at the moment. Am just assembling a list of things I need to do before I get baldified. Having a picture taken to renew my driving licence is currently top of the list! :dance:  :banana:

Am just assembling a list of things I need to do before I get baldified. Having a picture taken to renew my driving licence is currently top of the list! 

If you got your licence with a bald photo, wouldn't you expect leniency whenever you get stopped by the police - assuming you are a survivor?

Just a thought...

Edited by MisterHobgoblin

This isn't anything to do with Avatars but I can't find the thread where Meg told me about clicking the "Remember Me" box when I log in.  Maybe I've left it as 'Remember Me' and that is why I don't have to sign in each time which is o.k.   I just thought the 'sign out' feature wasn't signing out and it looked as though I stayed permanently logged in.  I will check once I 'sign out' again.  Thanks Meg

This isn't anything to do with Avatars but I can't find the thread where Meg told me about clicking the "Remember Me" box when I log in.  Maybe I've left it as 'Remember Me' and that is why I don't have to sign in each time which is o.k.   I just thought the 'sign out' feature wasn't signing out and it looked as though I stayed permanently logged in.  I will check once I 'sign out' again.  Thanks Meg

If you actually click on the sign out box (top right of the homepage) then you are logged out of the system and will need to log in again when you return.  When you log in there is a 'remember me' option, which puts a cookie on your computer enabling the system to recognise you when you return and let you in without asking for your password.   'Remember me' is already ticked by default when you log in, so you need to un-tick it in order to disable the feature.