Sign in to follow this  
Bill

SUBSCRIBERS' OFFER - NINE (not four) free copies of A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl

I have been offered NINE free copies of A Mighty Heart by Mariane Pearl (originally it was four). The first four subscribers to stake a claim will be sent a copy of the paperback. If you haven't heard of it, you will soon, as the film of the book comes out this week.

All you have to do is say you want the book on this thread. Once I have four, I wil ask you to PM me with your name and address (if I don't have it from the previous subscriber offer).

If you're not yet a subscriber, act quickly by clicking on SUBSCRIBE OR DONATE TO BOOK GROUP ONLINE at the bottom of the front page. It will cost you just £10. If you're not in time for this offer, you will be in time for the next one.

The blurb follows in the next thread.

A Mighty Heart (cert 15), the incredible true story of Mariane Pearl is released at cinemas everywhere from September 21. To mark its release Paramount Pictures UK is giving you the chance to win a copy of the bestselling book.

On January 23, 2002, Mariane Pearl's world changed forever. Her husband Daniel, the South Asia Bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal, was researching a story on shoe bomber Richard Reid. The story drew them to Karachi where a go-between had promised access to an elusive source. As Danny left for the meeting, he told Mariane he might be late for dinner. He never returned.

Starring Angelina Jolie and directed by Michael Winterbottom, the film is based on the bestselling book by Mariane Pearle, telling the story of Mariane’s husband, Daniel Pearle, the Wall Street Journal reporter who was kidnapped and murdered in Pakistan. The film, from Paramount Vantage, centres around Mariane’s emotionally charged account of this story, a journalist in her own right. Like so many Winterbottom films, it is powerful, thought-provoking and unflinching.

Find out more about the film here http://www.amightyheart.co.uk

A Mighty Heart is an extraordinary book - a fitting tribute to a dedicated reporter and a profound and heartbreaking love story. It was published by Virago priced £7.99 on 6th September 2007. Find out more about the book here http://www.virago.co.uk

Paramount Pictures UK is giving you the chance to win yourself a copy of the book – we have four copies to give away.

© 2007 by PARAMOUNT VANTAGE a Division of PARAMOUNT PICTURES. All Rights Reserved.

I wasn't too sure about the film but I would really like to read the story.

I daresay we ought to note, in the interests of our promoters who have kindly donated these books as a tie-in for the film, that if Seraphina saw it she'd probably think it was great....

;)

I daresay we ought to note, in the interests of our promoters who have kindly donated these books as a tie-in for the film, that if Seraphina saw it she'd probably think it was great....

;)

Of course that's what I meant... ;) I always prefer to read the book first and I am much more likely to see the film if I have read the book. :D

If I'm in time I'd love a copy... I need to branch out from fantasy fiction now and then and free books are the best way! And I'm fairly likely to go see it as well if I can drag lovely boyfriend along!! ;)

I've been in contact with the PR company this morning, and they are happy to give away a further FIVE books.

So if you thought you were too late - you're not. (I'll amend the opening post for those who are seeing this for the first time.) It's still subscribers only, on a first come, first served basis.

Well then I would like one too please Bill. I've left it till now to give others a chance. You have my address from before. I must confess to not getting on well with Black Swan tho. I'm still trying to read it......

I must confess to not getting on ewell with Black Swan tho. I'm still trying to read it......

Ditto!! (And I feel really guilty about it - if I can pass it onto anyone to review in my place then I am very happy to do so).

To all volunteers, if I don't have your name and address already, can you please send me a PM with the details? Even if I do, perhaps you could send it to me again, to save me having to trawl through my PMs to find it.

Thanks.