what is everyone doing?

I think Kimberley is in Egypt right now, unless I have badly misunderstood all the Egyptian themed avatars.

Ah! I hadn't realised they tied in so literally with her actual location. But then I do get a bit out of touch with things in this bunker...

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momac

• lunababymoonchild

• megustaleer

• Hazel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just booked my consultation with a general surgeon for a suspected double hernia. I'm off there a week tomorrow!
Good for you JD, I hope things go well and you'll soon be pain-free.
I've just booked my consultation with a general surgeon for a suspected double hernia. I'm off there a week tomorrow!
A friend's husband has just gone through this. Everything went okay and he was back at work in no time. He's a new man now. Hope it goes well for you too JDE - be thinking of you.
1 in 10 ops are hernia related so I'm sure they are well capable...

This will only be an investigation so no cutting or anything like that yet...

If it does get to that stage, make sure you plan your route home from the hospital well - I didn't and drove my de-hernia-ed husband home over speed bumps. Not a happy chicken... Seriously though, it didn't take him long to get over it and if it hadn't happened during the world cup or Euro something or other I'm sure he'd have been back at work even more quickly!

I'm about to take my elderly sewing machine for repair. No idea what the problem is, I just hope it's not terminal.
Took mine in for a bit of TLC last year Meg. The man said it would cost me at least £50 plus any parts - trouble was it's a 50 year old Singer and you can't get parts, they would have to be made, or no repair. I was told I could buy a new machine for £50, but when you've had a machine that long it's not easy to part with it. Anyway, it only needed oiling and tweaking, so for £50 I feel I've got my old machine back working like new! :D Hope you have as much luck Meg.

Today I'm just trying to keep warm and dry. If anyone's seen any of the Open golf on TV today you will know the kind of weather we're having in Lancashire. Had to got out twice this morning .. Ughhh! Can't put the heating on (yes it's that cold) because the engineer is due any moment (between 12 and 6) to service the boiler ... Ughhh!

I'm not putting the heating on on principle - it's July, for goodness' sake - I refuse!!!

Seriously thinking about putting another jumper on though - and maybe a blankie?

Done that! Still cold! What I should do is something very active instead of sitting at my computer, that might get the blood coursing (well moving a bit anyway) through my body and warm me up.

I might be exaggerating slightly but I got thoroughly soaked on the picket line this morning and haven't really been warm since. I'm with Barblue - if I actually moved around and did at least some of the things I should be doing this afternoon then I would probably warm up.

Not just a t-shirt, I hope... :scared:

Just to continue my tale of woe today - the British Gas Engineer arrived to service the boiler and has condemned it. :eek: Apparently it isn't sealed properly and fumes are escaping into the utility room. So, no heating now even if we wanted it. Just hope the immersion heater works - haven't used it for years!

On the up side - MOH is taking me out for supper! :)

Today was school sports day for both of our boys. I took half a day's holiday, started work at 7.15, left at 9.30. First race was at 10, and when it finished, everyone joined up with their children and had a picnic on the sports field. Despite the facts that (i) it was cold (possibly the coldest I have ever been in July!), (ii) the sun didn't even put in a fleeting appearance and (iii) it even rained, I have somehow managed to get a burnt head! Resumed work at 3, just about finished now. I did get a bit of BGOing in as well!

I am currently steeling myself mentally for the Katie Price signing at my shop tomorrow...400+ teenage girls are expected. :(
Like, O MI GOD! :scared:

Have a great time fending them all off, Ophelia, and don't choke on the gallons of 'Jordan' perfume.