Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Yes despite the experts saying that Wednesday was the hottest day of the year so far  I think yesterday was hotter, very little breeze although it cooled down a bit in the evening, was quite sticky overnight though.  Much cooler and cloudier today so far.

Glad you are all OK, sounds like you have some nice walks Meg.

1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

sounds like you have some nice walks Meg.

Yes, all I lack is the impetus to get out and do them!

... Oh, and public loos if I stray too far from the house :(

Glad to hear from you Luna, I hope that you and your father are managing to ride out the storm of this nasty virus.   Can understand lack of concentration at a time like this.  Something we haven’t had to deal with before.  Hopefully it will get resolved in a positive fashion.  Suddenly we have good weather, supposed to go to 25 C  today which will be a nice change from the cool weather we have been having.  The Spring bulbs are all withered now and the people to plant the annuals should be here next week. Stay well and enjoy your summer.

I spotted an article on the Internet and thought of you - it was on the benefits of ‘forest bathing.😊

1 hour ago, momac said:

Glad to hear from you Luna, I hope that you and your father are managing to ride out the storm of this nasty virus.   Can understand lack of concentration at a time like this.  Something we haven’t had to deal with before.  Hopefully it will get resolved in a positive fashion.  Suddenly we have good weather, supposed to go to 25 C  today which will be a nice change from the cool weather we have been having.  The Spring bulbs are all withered now and the people to plant the annuals should be here next week. Stay well and enjoy your summer.

I spotted an article on the Internet and thought of you - it was on the benefits of ‘forest bathing.😊

It's good to hear from you too Momac. We fairly miss the forest bathing though. 

It's been so windy too, and quite chilly too. Managed to finally get to a garden centre, bought loads of plants, hooray.

Had a couple of heart in mouth moments watching the local cat stalking pigeons in the garden, twice it nearly got one but the bird managed to get away both times, feathers everywhere though.  The cat is really cheeky ,we left the patio door open the other evening and it came strolling in!

We’ve suddenly heated up, yesterday was 31C and today promises to be similar.  Had to rummage in my closet for pants lighter than the corduroy ones I put on in the morning.  Turned on the air conditioning as it was up to 79 in the house, and we get all the afternoon sun in the big bay window.  People flocked to the parks in Toronto on Saturday and Sunday disobeying the distance requirements, mostly young people who seem to think they are safe in the open air or figure the rules don’t apply to them.  I hope it doesn’t cause a backlash.

Hope you are all doing well. Hoping this horrible virus goes away soon.  Stay safe everyone.  

Thank heavens for books!

Meant to get to about 26 or 27 here, hopefully not so humid as it was yesterday although at least there was a bit of a breeze.  Feels quite hot already today though.

Stay well everyone!

Whatever it is, it is far too hot for me.

I was out in the garden, watering, at 05:30, when it was pleasantly cool. Not too bad for walking at 07:30,  but getting hot by the time I got back from shopping at 09:00, when I closed windows, curtains and blinds on the Eastern and Southern sides of the bungalow, and opened them  to the North & West.

I will change them over at about 4pm.

22°C in the shade here, light breeze, but too hot for me! Never mind, a cool glass of Prosecco will be nice, later in the late afternoon......*chink*

Today I tried a Covid cut. Starting to look like Worzel Gummidge so took the shears and shaved the lot off :)  God knows how you ladies are managing without an hairdresser but with shears in one hand and mirror in the other just about managed a decent skinhead cut.

Edited by Clavain

It started out nice and warm here yesterday but then clouded over and got quite breezy again.  nice and cool so far this morning, not sure how the day will turn out yet!

Avoiding the sun; far too hot at 24°C. Lovely indoors though.

Just saying hello to all my old friends and new members of BGO, since I have not been here for some time now.  I really don't know why, but that's the way life has gone. 

I have been using Amazon through this site even though I have not contributed to the site generally and I suppose as I was here again today, I decided to take a browse through.  It has been wonderful to see so many lovely names I remember so well.  I do hope to keep in touch again now I have taken this plunge.

So lovely to see you here again, Barblue, I always think of you when I hear a certain football team mentioned on the sports programmes 😉

Welcome back!

Thanks Meg.  Its great to see so many familiar 'faces'.  

Sad to say we do not go to football matches now.  Long story, but we have moved on and our main passion now is dancing.  Sadly too, that has been curtailed and we wonder whether we will every get back to the wonderful social dancing scene we once had.  

Trust you are well and still enjoying life to the full.

Good to see your Barblue, hope all is well with you and yours.  Hello to all, hope everyone is managing well during this unusual time.  Stay safe. 💐

I had my first door step social distancing meeting yesterday. It worked quite well until it started to rain!

1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

I had my first door step social distancing meeting yesterday. It worked quite well until it started to rain!

I said to my father only yesterday, all this queuing outside Tesco is fine enough, until it starts to rain.

23 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I’m not sure how we are all going to cope with a day of rain, as it will happen sometime. Then a lot of people shopping on fine days.

Not been on too much recently.  Since the lockdown started I have been working 9 hour days.  I took yesterday off to do some chores (fitted new legs to a sofa) and then stupidly logged on today. 10 hours later and I might need to eat...

Hello Tag, good to see you back, you must be doing o.k. To work 9 hour days, stay safe and well.

Have been reading a book  by Rosie Harris, romance genre, but this one would qualify for humour, had me laughing out loud.  ‘Mind of her Own’ - a recently widowed woman in her 70’s who wants to be independent and sets out to prove herself.  Her neighbour, an elderly bachelor, is always offering to do the chores for her and she gets offended that he thinks she is not capable of doing them herself.  Her first foray into independence is the back garden hedge which requires cutting so off to the shed to get the ladder and the electric trimmer.  Of course it’s an old electric cord with some cracks and a rickety ladder and the inevitable happens.  First trip to the hospital. Once up and about again she thinks she should brush up on her driving skills, the car, an old but once expensive car, driven only by her husband, is still in the garage. She has a Driver’s Licence but has rarely driven although she knows how to drive.  Decides to take it for a spin, finds herself on the highway and feels fine and confident, moves over to the fast lane, hears a bump but car seems o.k. Has a near miss so thinks she would be safer in the slower lane.  Flashing lights, it’s the police. Is questioned, does she know her muffler is lying in the road a mile or so back, can he see her licence (it’s in her purse at home), who are her insurers, no clue, her husband looked after all that.  She goes from one catastrophe to another but never loses her confidence.  The author must have had fun writing this book but she does bring in the responsible side of the woman, altogether an entertaining read. Sorry for the long post! 

You know, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm surrounded by the biggest TBR known to man, with the joy of being able to order online outwith that, I think I'd have gone stark staring mental by now.

Anyway, it's raining and that's bringing me comfort too.