Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Sorry for your problems Meg, hope better soon..

Also just home from hospital, today,another vertigo attack, horrible, all sorts of tests on head, fortunately no nasties uncovered, several docs seem to have their say, diagnosis by committee! Anyway worst thing was the cramps in my legs which had me yelling for someone to massage my legs, if that is what the tennis players get I feel sorry for them.  Weak on walking right now but onward and upward.

Good that you are excused from housework Meg, will be really helpful for you. We'll console each other, hospital food is yucky, they should be sentenced to partake of it themselves for a year, I was fortunate in that I was feeling too sick to eat much of anything. Better days ahead Meg!  Chin up. 😊

A big thank you to all with kind words of encouragement, it really helps.  The chair lift which Dave is using works really well, up and down stairs in a fragment of the time it used to take.  Haven't used it myself, not too keen on the moment of moving machinery.

Meg, have been thinking of you today and hoping that your medications and treatment will have you back fighting fit soon.

I spent some time on the internet finding out what the heck I'm taking, will go next week to the family doctor to see if he agrees with the hospital docs.

hot and humid here, all windows open, summer has come at last I think.  Happy reading to all, enjoy the better weather.

Just popping in briefly to say hello and that I'm hopefully on the mend from attacks of vertigo, on medicine for it.  Not pleasant.  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.  

We have decided to sell the house and hopefully find a retirement residence which Dave is comfortable with, he really doesn't want to move but better we move while we still can rather than wait until one of us is not available through illness or whatever!  The idea of getting rid of years of accumulated china, furniture, and loads of other stuff we never  seem to get around to disposing of is mind boggling. Maybe there are people you can hire who will assist.

49 minutes ago, momac said:

We have decided to sell the house <- - - >better we move while we still can rather than wait until one of us is not available through illness or whatever! 

Good call, momac.

I don't know how we would have managed if my health problems of the last 18months had happened while we were living in our old house.

53 minutes ago, momac said:

Maybe there are people you can hire who will assist.

There are bound to be people available to do that sort of thing - there are over here.

We were quite short of time, so resorted to some drastic measures, including hiring a skip and letting our sons  just throw most of the contents of the attic into it, but if you can take a bit of time I'm sure you could sell quite a lot of of your excess 'stuff' - although probably not for as much as you think it's worth. 

Getting Dave to agree to the move is the biggest hurdle and you seem to have managed that, even though he is not thrilled with the suggestion.

I hope it all goes smoothly for you, but if you hit any snags, feel free to rant to us, we will be here to 'listen'

Good luck momac, it's a big thing moving but I'm sure you will find something your both happy with. :)