Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Binker,your daughter sounds like a smart lady.  I'm sure a lot of people probably wish the big event was toned down a bit.  I know of one lady who spent $10'000 on their daughter's wedding and sad to say it ended up in divorce.  Not to say that an extravant wedding would necessarily end in divorce but I'm sure that family thought it a travesty.

Congrats Binker!  She sounds very sensible, I agree weddings have become yet another industry, but she's showing it can still be done on a smaller, much more personal scale. 

The term "a full English' has another resonance today.  Congrats to the four Premiership clubs who have succeeded in appearing  in the European finals, not forgetting 'my' Arsenal. 

I'm told in another group I'm in - not reading - that it's drop your house on a witch day today in America.   So I hope that all our American members are keeping themselves safe and making sure that their houses are suitably tied down. 

18 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I'm told in another group I'm in - not reading - that it's drop your house on a witch day today in America.   So I hope that all our American members are keeping themselves safe and making sure that their houses are suitably tied down. 

Never heard of this before, but it IS tornado season in the area, so I guess it could be memorialized in this way.    

we've had some BOGOF vouchers for a local carvery stuck on our fridge since March - they run out on Sunday, so Mr meg and I celebrated our wedding anniversary today with a cheap lunch out.

I haven't forgotten about BGO but I've been very busy lately. As of last week, I am a home owner and in the process of moving stuff and getting stuff to it. With the mortgage application and all, it was a 3 month process. And now getting stuff in it. 

Appalled there is no book shelves in the house. NONE!!!! It is something I need to get sorted when finances allow (august/September). Need to get painting done, some small electrical wiring and fit it all out as well as sorting out internet and TV.

May/June has also been a busy music period with 6 gigs

Edited by iff

Congratulations iff, hope you really enjoy your new home, wishing you many years of happiness in it. 

thanks everybody. I did leave many of my TBR pule over in the house on Sunday. Came in useful on Monday when I realised I didn't have a book to read at lunch time  :D

On 08/06/2019 at 23:53, megustaleer said:

Congratulations on your new home. I hope you will be very happy there - but you must get those bookshelves sorted asap!

I know :D though there is other carpentry work I need done so making a list on it all before talking to a carpenter

Edited by iff

Had a bit of an episode last weekend where I became dizzy and was leaning on a big chair while the dizziness passed, then thought maybe I should slide down and sit on the floor, tried that but actually fell down pulling the chair with me.  Lying there still dizzy taking stock of how I feel, breathing ok, hands and feet o.k. but knees pulled back at tight angle when I fall so pain there.  Hubby and daughter arrived home with me stretched out on the floor, asked daughter to phone for an ambulance, spent three nights in hospital hooked up to a heart monitor, possible some heart involvement, lots of blood work taken, pills given, didn't feel too bad, really wanted to go home but cardiologist wanted me to stay for three nights.  Was discharged on Monday and a follow up for this coming Thursday with the Hospital Heart Clinic, meanwhile I feel fine and am taking all the pills they prescribed.  A bit of trouble walking now as legs are painful but nothing too bad.

Had the chair lift company in yesterday assessing the one flight of stairs for a chair lift, it will be installed next week.  It will be good for both of us, Dave is very slow on the stairs and I hurt both my knees when I fell so it will be a help.  Our son feels we should be in a house with the one main level but the idea of having to move house is too horrendous to contemplate, 60 odd years of 'stuff' and furnishings to move would be more than we could handle but the chair lift will certainly help.  Will see how that works out.  That's my sad tale for this week.