Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Momac, we had a walk in shower fitted a couple of years ago because of my father and it's brilliant.  

My sore shoulder is gradually easing off and I'm still reading the book.

727CC806-52AB-4BF9-8A21-659FA04AAC29.thumb.jpeg.d471289ca42effaf3d916550b263215e.jpegThis is what I made yesterday.

B6B004A7-4B79-4218-9D51-031ECB4EB8DE.thumb.jpeg.e333e40bf26a3b5dd030174c3cec3144.jpegThe side by side comparison.  I like the clourway better on the rhs but made a better job of the actual crochet on the lhs.  Ah, who would be a crafter?  lol

Like both of your crochet items but think I like the one with more white stitching for during the year but the red one would be nice around Christmas time.

glad your shoulder is improving, maybe once book is finished pain will vanish?

I like our new shower, very roomy, much more so than when showering in the bathtub when I used a bath stool and now I don't have to put the stool in and take it out as there is a nice seat at one end, can sit there and shampoo my hair - very convenient.  Good for Dave not having to climb over the side of the bath.  All it takes is money.🙄

on the subject of robins, Meg, the British robin is so much prettier than our American robin, which looks like a larger bird, in our bird book it shows only the American robin which probably goes further south during the cold weather.

2 hours ago, momac said:

Like both of your crochet items but think I like the one with more white stitching for during the year but the red one would be nice around Christmas time.

glad your shoulder is improving, maybe once book is finished pain will vanish?

I like our new shower, very roomy, much more so than when showering in the bathtub when I used a bath stool and now I don't have to put the stool in and take it out as there is a nice seat at one end, can sit there and shampoo my hair - very convenient.  Good for Dave not having to climb over the side of the bath.  All it takes is money.🙄

on the subject of robins, Meg, the British robin is so much prettier than our American robin, which looks like a larger bird, in our bird book it shows only the American robin which probably goes further south during the cold weather.

Thank you Momac, I think that you are right.  My shoulder pain is easing off as I'm using my left arm to pick up and hold the book.  I only have forty or so pages to go so very nearly finished. I'm glad that you are enjoying your new shower, my father loves ours.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

You are a marvel with that crochet hook, how about a crochet quilt for your bed?😊

18 minutes ago, momac said:

You are a marvel with that crochet hook, how about a crochet quilt for your bed?😊

Well thank you, Momac.  I am crocheting a blanket for my bed.  It's entrelac crochet, which is just new (the squares you've been seeing are mosaic crochet.)  Here's a photo of the start of the blanket.  You can see the texture of the crochet there.  I'll take more pictures tomorrow when the light is better and show what it's like in relation to the bed.

53361214_10215766671113865_6081715446808051712_n.jpg.6c5721e100e4f3e52af4a92c5b0f0338.jpg

Edited by lunababymoonchild
Add photo

That's lovely, Luna!

So, when I changed my broadband provider to EE I was told in store that I could keep my old email address - so i was surprised when, this morning, I could not send or receive emails. I thought it had all gone too well.:banghead:

A period of panic ensued. No-one was answering the phone at the EE store, but I eventually found a telephone number for EE customer services and spoke to a very nice lady who said that EE did not host email accounts, and that the person at the EE store (the manager!) had not reallised that my email account was hosted by my previous broadband provider, not a separate, stand-alone host.

She kindly talked me through the process for signing on with another host, and eventually I was set up again.

Then I had to inform my various contacts of my new address, which I did by emailing them in small  amounts that could be grouped together, 

It took a while. Unfortunately I wrote the first email,, then cut and pasted the message into the others not noticing that I had missed a digit out. I now have a string of replies from those who noticed that the address in the message didn't match the sender address, so have had to send out a string of correction emails. :dunce:

Then had to figure out how to change my email address on here :confused:

Sounds like the norm for any time you wish to do anything different with the various providers.  When someone calls us and offers great things if we change from our present provider I always say to Dave that I'd prefer to keep what we have rather than have to change from the company which provides our tv, telephone and internet. The brief advantage of less cost would be cancelled out by the frustration of all the change in tv channels, different telephone service and computer server.

Really like the pattern and colours of your quilt Luna.

I still had an ongoing problem with the email today - nothing that stopped me sending or receiving emails, but a pop-up notice saying that  I needed to key in my password for my old email account. I was hoping Elder Son would drop by tomorrow with a Mothering Sunday card and I could ask him to sort it - only we have been invited to their house for lunch instead.

So - I had to sort it out myself, which meant going in to 'preferences', which i always find a bit scary.  Eventually I discovered that the default setting was for my old account, even though it doesn't exist now, so I had to figure out how to delete that and make the new account the default one. i clicked on the various buttons with my fingers crossed, and it has worked!

I am feeling inordinately clever!

It has been a gloriously sunny and warm day, and I got quite a lot of jobs done in the garden. Not as many as I would have liked, as my back had had enough by lunchtime, even though I roped Mr meg in to do the heavier stuff.  

I am pleased with the results, but not looking forward to the chillier weather that is forecast for next week. Rain would be welcome though, as I am already using water from the waterbuts for the tubs and pots.

9 hours ago, megustaleer said:

it has worked!

I am feeling inordinately clever!

Spoke too soon - it is still doing it this morning :dunce: . Trying something else 

That seems to have done the trick! :banana:

Just got back from Mothering Sunday lunch with Elder Son and family.  Veggie Sunday Roast , followed by an Eton Mess Cheesecake - and a box of Montezuma's dark chocolate truffles to bring home.:P

Younger Son sent a card and a copy of Yotam Ottolenghi's latest cookbook, "Simple", so I am spending this evening looking for recipes I can make when they come to visit in a couple of week's time.

I wonder if there was an ulterior motive :hmm:

I lost my Kindle.

So I replaced it with a Kobo Clara HD.  I decided that I need to borrow more books from the library and you can't do that on a Kindle.

47 minutes ago, tagesmann said:

I lost my Kindle.

So I replaced it with a Kobo Clara HD.  I decided that I need to borrow more books from the library and you can't do that on a Kindle.

What will happen to your Kindle books?

8 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

What will happen to your Kindle books?

I've converted them to epub format so I can load them onto the kobo.

And I can still access them using the kindle app on my iPad.

14 hours ago, tagesmann said:

I lost my Kindle.

Sorry for your loss Tag, don't know what I'd do without my Kindle, it just doesn't bear thinking about but you seem to have solved your problem.

16 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Probably the reason they are shutting it down but aren't all e-books subject to this?

Yes, they are.

In the early days of digital music this was also the case.  And I have some music that is no longer accessible.

I've stripped the DRM from all of my book purchases so that they will always be available to me.  It's not legal,  but I feel it is my right.