Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Glad you had such a nice day CP - how romantic to stand on the same bridge where you got engaged, lovely memories and a nice walk in the Spring sunshine.  Sounds like a lovely day.

Had a mixed day today.  I had bought a few 'end-of-season' pots of snowdrops & miniature daffodills and this morning I planted them in some bare spaces that I would not be able to locate come the autumn - (the little daffs were 50p per pot, and each pot held about 5 bubs ):)

Then this afternoon I had a box of 66 french marigold plug plants arrive, which i had ordered from one of the random brochures that arrive in the house from various sources this time of year.

They were packed in a damp cardboard box that didn't give the little plants anything like enough protection from being held under the deliveryman's arm. They are tiny things, and were pretty flattened by that treatment. I potted them on straight away, including half a dozen or so that were bruised in the stem, so will probably not survive. Twenty more were so broken that they were beyond redemption. :cry:
Won't be buying from there again!I
I'm hoping that the rest will grow on OK, but have been on the company's Facebook page and had a grumble.

On 22/03/2017 at 18:50, momac said:

The place you move to Gram, will it be nearer to your employment and is better, nicer, more convenient etc. than where you currently live.

We've moved out of London to Brighton, but I'm still working in the centre of the capital. The commute is the one big downside of our decision, as it looks like it will be about 2 hours each way every day. I'm hopefully going to get a lot more reading done :).

Although I get to lose out on this the financial benefits (our mortgage has shrunk significantly) and the quality of life improvement for the rest of the family - 10 minutes walk from great shops and the beach, lots of local home education activity - for me make the sacrifice worthwhile. I have colleagues travelling similar distances who say you need to live for the weekend, which I plan to do too.

Anyway, off to catch the train...

The journey to and from work, while lengthy, will provide you with lots of reading time, as you suggested, so that's a little bit of a plus - the larger bonus will be the weekends in a great setting, sounds very nice.  I wish you, Michelle, and the youngsters much happiness in your new home.

I spent a very long time making this : IMG_0355.thumb.JPG.770417564944c257042f7991c88e9fbd.JPG

IMG_0356.thumb.JPG.1c17e886f101a24ce21ab425b5d07906.JPG

my brother's birthday card.  It moves as it opens but I can't figure out how to post the video

Edited by lunababymoonchild
Dodgy typing

Remember that wonderful origami head mask you got your father to wear :) Lovely luna and happy birthday to your lucky brother :)

Edited by Clavain

Thank you iff

1 hour ago, Clavain said:

Remember that wonderful origami head mask you got your father to wear :) Lovely luna and happy birthday to your lucky brother :)

Thank you Clavain

Saw your clever Birthday card on Facebook Luna, well done.

Not too used to the new look yet, I don't adapt well to change.  Maybe when I get back to using my Desktop instead of the IPad it will be better.  The arm has taken a long time for the sprain to subside, I still have some trouble extending my arm to use the mouse.  I've been watching tennis from Miami and envying the young men who are so agile and strong, they haven't been televising the women's tennis.  Federer and Nadal are in the final - info for those of you who watch tennis.

4 hours ago, momac said:

Saw your clever Birthday card on Facebook Luna, well done.

Not too used to the new look yet, I don't adapt well to change.  Maybe when I get back to using my Desktop instead of the IPad it will be better.  The arm has taken a long time for the sprain to subside, I still have some trouble extending my arm to use the mouse.  I've been watching tennis from Miami and envying the young men who are so agile and strong, they haven't been televising the women's tennis.  Federer and Nadal are in the final - info for those of you who watch tennis.

I am not finding the new layout all that user friendly either Momac.  R G logged on once to see what all the fuss was about and was not impressed.  He adapts to these things far better than I do but still was not kern although we do understand why it had to be done.

The Federer match was a bit late for us but we did watch the Nadel match.  It seems that the second match was the one to watch.  We have watched a little of the womens tournament and have been pleased to see a British woman doing well for a change.  Like you I envy them their ease of movement.  RG has been off this week and we have had a few days out.  On each occasion I have been aware of the pain in my back and even wondered in the case of the London trip if I would make it at all!  I am determind however to keep doing as much as possible.  We had a lovely day at Wrest Park on Thursday and hope to make it to Stowe Gardens on Monday weather permitting.  We have friends for a meal tonight and our daughter and Son-in-law for Sunday lunch after church on Sunday.  Busy weekend for us!

Glad that you are getting out and about CP, especially going to see really nice places.  

I'm hoping to become more accustomed to the new look, probably just take a bit of time. 

The Federer match against the young Australian player was great tennis, Kyrigos, I have trouble getting his name right, matched Fed stroke for stroke and the match could have gone either way, however, I'm glad Fed won as K... is a bit of a brat and a show-off.

Luna, you have great talent - you must get lots of enjoyment out of your paper crafts.

29 minutes ago, momac said:

Luna, you have great talent - you must get lots of enjoyment out of your paper crafts.

I watched a video on Youtube for the card, Momac, it's deceptively simple.  Which is the card maker's Holy Grail.  I do indeed get much pleasure from my paper crafts and finally got my envelope made.  Along with the bin diary!  Also had a good gossip with a neighbour which is also enjoyable although it was freezing.

Couldn't locate the Just Bought, Borrowed etc. Thread so thought would just post here.  Have purchased for Kindle The Zookeeper's Wife, the movie was being advertised so when I saw the book on Amazon I thought it looked interesting.  Will review once read.

When we moved here we brought with us a large carton of loose photographs and old albums, mostly removed from Mr meg's family home after his mother died. they have moved house with us twice, and he is at long last sorting through them. He has come across a lot of photographs which include his much older half-sister as a child/teen (mostly as an adjunct to photos of the children if his father's second marriage). We have sorted out 20 or so decent-ish ones, which we are pretty sure she will not have copies of, and i took them to a local photography shop to have made into a Photobook to give her for her 85th birthday in a few weeks. 

I hope she likes them, but if not I'm pretty sure her children & grandchildren will enjoy seeing them

27 minutes ago, megustaleer said:

When we moved here we brought with us a large carton of loose photographs and old albums, mostly removed from Mr meg's family home after his mother died. they have moved house with us twice, and he is at long last sorting through them. He has come across a lot of photographs which include his much older half-sister as a child/teen (mostly as an adjunct to photos of the children if his father's second marriage). We have sorted out 20 or so decent-ish ones, which we are pretty sure she will not have copies of, and i took them to a local photography shop to have made into a Photobook to give her for her 85th birthday in a few weeks. 

I hope she likes them, but if not I'm pretty sure her children & grandchildren will enjoy seeing them

Meg, old photos are so good, aren't they? We had an album of family slides which were taken when my sister and I were kids. We had them scanned and made into an album for Dad's 70th some years ago.

When Mum died recently, we ended up seeing lots of family who we hadn't seen for years. I uploaded the photos to Flickr and put a link to the album on Facebook. It's been very popular in the family. The messy-haired kids in the photos now have kids and even grandkids of their own, and it's been lovely to let them share the photos, which they had mostly never seen.

It was a glorious sunny day here today, but oh! Did it show the dust?!

We have visitors coming for lunch on Friday, so I abandoned all thoughts of gardening and set to Spring Cleaning. I still have the hall and porch to do, but my Mothering Sunday flowers are in the hall, and not quite dead enough to throw out today - and moving them will make a mess, so they'll have to go tomorrow.