what is everyone doing?

Sideshow Meg

Excites me also Ting good luck :)

T20 cricket match tonight between Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire abandoned owing to rain, so a little disappointed.(Great sporting rivalry between our counties :) )

Listened to Any Question on Radio 4 instead http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=Any%20Questions%3F&suggid=urn%3Abbc%3Aprogrammes%3Ab006qgvj andstill no wiser over Europe but agreed with most comments about Trump.

Edited by Clavain

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megustaleer

• Hazel

• lunababymoonchild

• momac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend has suggested that I write a story for children, with butterflies as characters, such as: Axehead Skipper, Striped Policeman, Painted Lady, Apricot Playboy, Dusky Blue. The trick will be not stereotyping them.

So, that little idea has been planted in the garden at the back of my mind, to slowly grow.

That is a fantastic idea! You should absolutely go with that.

Hi everyone sorry it has been so long since either RG or I have posted but our daughter got married on 4th June and life has been really hectic. I have posted a few photos on our Facebook page if anyone is interested! We all had a wonderful day, RG and I would count it amongst the best days of lives. It really was a fun day as well as such a special one for us. They got married at our local church which was very special. After a week we are coming back down to earth especially as we now have my Mum and Dad staying for the week while work is being done in their own home! Hopefully we will all still be talking by the end of the wee!

Yes, I wondered where you were but comforted myself with the thought that you must have been shouting at the TV when Andy Murray was playing at Roland Garros.

Saw your photos and it looks like a very special day. You all looked very beautiful!

Thank you Luna. We felt that our daughter did indeed look beautiful and so happy too. Not so sure about RG and I! We were certainly happy but not so sure about beautiful!

I did see some of Andy's matches but missed most of the final as RG and I along with the newly weds and our son and his wife all went to Wembley Stadium to see Bruce Springsteen! A truly marvellous end to a wonderful weekend. Just a shame that Andy did not win. That would have been perfection!

Saw your photos CP and I think they were all lovely, glad that your daughter's special day was special.  Will look forward to seeing you back on here regularly once everything has settled down. You've both been missed.  

Thank you so much to everyone for their kind wishes. Both RG and I are slowly coming back down to earth after the big weekend. It is strange to have nothing left to plan for a while but as the newly weds are in the process of buying their own home for the first time and our daughter starts teaching at a new schcool next term I doubt that it will be quiet for long. That is of course after the week we now have with my parents! A bit of peace and quiet looks appealing I must admit!

It is nice to finally catch up on a bit of reading and I actually managed to make a book related post last night for the first time in ages.

Confined to quarters as my father is a little under the weather. But, I'm getting some chores done and that includes cataloguing my books. This has been a very beneficial exercise for me because I've donated hundreds - literally - to charity, freeing up much needed shelf space, a couple of books have gone to my father who is extremely interested in them and I've come across books from my very early childhood which are falling apart but which I can't let go. That, and the dusting is getting done. The final tally is still some time away but I will end up with a lot less that I estimated that I own and the TBR isn't as bad as I thought. I am pleased to say that the books that I have catalogued so far cover a wide genre 'pool' (not sure how to phrase that) and I've learned how and why ISBN numbers came into being - not as boring as it sounds.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

A little shell shocked  Iceland drew with Portugal. Nobody watching the Euros?

Avidly Clavain.  I love the unexpected results and watching the pundits having to say they were wrong in their predictions.  

Now that Slovakia have beaten Russia, England have to be very careful tomorrow against Wales. That is always assuming that both Russia and England are not disqualified and thrown out of the competition because of those 'thugs' that are spoiling it for so many real fans.

I can hear Cherrypie shouting at the TV (as am I). That was a bit tense there at Queen's Club.

I'm sure that Momac is much too refined to be shouting for her countryman in the same final.

I wouldn't bet on that Luna - however, I thought Raonic gave a good accounting of himself, he just needs a bit more practice with his net work, Andy can put the ball anywhere on the Court once he gets near it and Raonic didn't seem to catch on.  :(

I wouldn't bet on that Luna - however, I thought Raonic gave a good accounting of himself, he just needs a bit more practice with his net work, Andy can put the ball anywhere on the Court once he gets near it and Raonic didn't seem to catch on.   :(

Ach but Raonic is young yet, he'll get there.  I thought that he played very well indeed and looked as if he would win the match at one point.  Only Murray's experience saved him.

I thought Raonic was awesome in the first set.  He seemed to be reading Andy's game so well and I was convinced during the second set that Andy had nothing in his arsenal to counteract it.  But from somewhere deep within him Andy fought back and seemed to knock Raonic's confidence.  It was a great game to watch.  I have a feeling that this young man, Raonic, will be a force to be reckoned with very soon.

Hopefully Raonic will be able to fix up some of his weaker spots in his game - I held my breath each time he galloped up to the net to try for a volley knowing that Andy could place the ball just about anywhere on the Court, which he did more times than not, however, Raonic did get a few.  Andy is so fast too and he doesn't give up.  Even when Raonic was three games up I knew that it didn't matter because he would just dig in and get back on top which he did.  I hope Milos keeps healthy and injury free.  I thought he played the best I've seen him play thus far and am looking forward to him doing well at Wimbledon.  It was a great game to watch and the weather co-operated too.  Now if Federer and Nadal could get back in the game, I kind of miss seeing them.

Raonic seemed to buckle when his serve was broken.  He hadn't lost a service game the whole championships and clearly thought that it couldn't be broken. I'm sure that he's learned from that - John McEnroe will certainly have spotted that and won't be long in telling him.

I'm looking forward to Wimbledon as usual but without Rafael Nadal as his wrist still hasn't healed. 

I miss Nadal and Federer too.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

Having a bit of an England overdose, watching England hopefully beat Slovakia which starts in 10 min and will be giving a little cheer for Wales. :)

Tomorrow I'm at Trent Bridge with some friends to watch the first ODI against Sri Lanka.

Come onnnnnn England :)

Edited by Clavain

What's an ODI Clavain, is it cricket?   I don't have any tennis to watch until Wimbledon starts next week. 

I just had a nap and the dog came and barked at me to tell me to get up, our Cairn terrier, Kaylee, has just been groomed and she looks really cute and she's a funny little tad, she barks when she wants to play or have a tummy rub.  

The heat is really oppressive - we must be up over 90F, 30+ in Celsius.  I just hide indoors, can't stand the heat so we have the air conditioning going but supposed to cool down a bit tomorrow, thank goodness.  I complain about the cold and wonder when it's going to warm up and then am so relieved when it gets cooler again - no pleasing me.   :rolleyes: