Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Both RG and I are so sorry to hear of your loss Momac. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thinking of you, momac. I lost my big brother last year and it felt as if a chunk of me just fell away.

Thank you Brightphoebus, thought I had posted before but can't see it anywhere, losing a brother does leave a big space doesn't it, sorry for your loss.

Both RG and I are so sorry to hear of your loss Momac. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you RG and CP for your thoughts and prayers.  

Sorry to hear of your loss, Momac

Thank you Dan for your kind words.  

Thanks Gram, I like the wish for long life, kind words.

It is a standard wish Jews make to one another at times of bereavement, momac.

After the terrible news we have had this week about Brussels your good wishes for peace at Easter time CP resonates.  I would like to add my wishes to yours to everyone on BGO.

Peacefulness sounds good, would like to add my wishes for the same to all BGO members.

Happy Easter to everyone. I was lucky enough this morning to go to the service at our local church with both my Mum and my daughter. It was a really uplifting service and came as a really lovely climax to Holy Week. RG is now home from work and the family have all made their ways home after a really hectic couple of days! We are having a quiet afternoon and plan a quiet evening in preperation for The Easter Pilgrimage to St Albans Cathederal tomorrow. I just hope that we are not going to get too wet!!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow CP and hoping the weather is good for you. Such a lovely cathedral, which we visited just over a year ago. Hadn't been there for many years and had forgotten what an interesting and historic town St Albans is.

Both RG and I grew up in a village less than ten miles from St Albans so it is a place we know very well. We both hope that we see it in the sunshine tomorrow and not the rain!

We are having a different w/e. My father and me are catching up on Jesus of Nazareth, which is being broadcast in parts. We haven't seen it since it was first broadcast and we are enjoying it. I like biblical and epic at the Christian festivals. Also getting along nicely with my crafting and my reading

Was at church this morning where there was a good turnout, saw some folk hadn't seen in a while, and coffee hour after was splendid, people sitting around chatting, not wanting to go home.

Was watching some Miami Open tennis in the afternoon and all the players I think were suffering from the heat and humidity of Florida, some dropped out of the match yesterday, Rafael Nadal was one of them and he is one of the top players.

I think RG and I are going to get a little soggy on The Easter Pilgrimage today, that is if I do not get blown over! I have packed a good lunch as I suspect that we may need it.

Hi all. I've not been on the site for some time and have had some big changes in my life. After living in Essex for most of my life I've moved to Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. Quiet a change as I had lived in my last house for 33 years. Being here means I am only 5 miles from my daughter which is great. I have also retired and got a puppy which is really like having another baby except that babies don't run around like mad things having puppy crazies. I've been catching up and am sorry to hear about the sad things some of you have experienced.

Nice to see you again Mac, hope you are enjoying the changes in your life and having a puppy sounds like a happy event.  Being close to your daughter is nice.

RG and I are home from our Easter pilgrimage. It was a bit far to walk from our church so a group of us drove to Redbourn Church and had breakfast there before walking to St Albans. It was a bit of a muddy walk but enjoyable for all that. Luckily the weather improved as we went along so that by the time we arrived at the cathedral it was actually bright sunshine and we were able to eat our packed lunches in the cathedral grounds. We looked a bit of a rabble but as most other groups looked much the same we fitted right in!

The service in the cathedral was being filmed for Songs of Praise so we had to be on our best behaviour, a little difficult when our group included four dogs one of which seemed very keen on joining in with a number of the hymns! Luckily lifts were organised back to pick up our cars so that we did not have to walk back. We are now home, showered and relaxing in front of the tennis