what is everyone doing?

Sideshow Meg

So glad to hear your news Binker, it must be a relief to all of you that the surgery is over and that your husband is up and walking around a bit. I hope you get the rest you need, it's good that your daughter stayed with him to allow you a break. As always wishing the very best for your husband and also you and the family. I hope he has a smooth recuperation and back to good health quickly.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megustaleer

• Hazel

• lunababymoonchild

• momac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for taking time out to update us all on your husband's medical procedure.  I think we've all probably had you and your family in our minds this week.  So pleased to know things have gone so well and are looking good.  Thinking of you all still.

This is the first time I've been here since before Christmas, so I just learned of Binker's husband's surgery. I'm so happy to hear that he is doing so well, Binker. My very best wishes for his continued recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sitting in the local library, trying out one of their computers - mine is still boxed up in the 'new' bungalow, shrouded under dust sheets along with all the rest of our stuff.

The move was very traumatic, as our removal men were rubbish. We haven't unpacked much, so we do not know the extent of the damage that might have been caused by their casual packing, but we found a big dent in the microwave, so it has to be ditched. We then we discovered that the sideboard had developed a wobble - as one of it's little feet had been broken off (luckily we found it, so will be able to repair it eventually)

We are camping out on Elder Son's  sofas until the end of the month, then we have a holiday flat for the whole of February.  We hope we can at least sleep, eat and wash in the bungalow by early March

DiL is being very supportive, and helpful in our dealings with builders - and in major things like choosing kitchen & bathroom fittings. Without her I'd be overwhelmed by it all

Mr meg still waiting to hear from the hospital about his op, so still can't lift or carry anything.

I will try to pop back here from time to time, but am unlikely to have the computer set up for some time after we move in. There will still be lots to do, and even if Mr meg has had his op by then he will not be moving furniture & boxes around for several weeks.

Still we are glad to be here, and are discovering more and more reasons to be pleased with our decision. It will be lovely when it is all done, we are finally settled in and can resume a normal life!

Hope to look in again a few times before then..

Meg, so glad to hear from you but sorry that your move was so much trouble. Hopefully as time goes on everything will get sorted and you can settle in comfortably to your new home. All the very best wishes that all will be well in the near future.

I am sitting in the local library, trying out one of their computers - mine is still boxed up in the 'new' bungalow, shrouded under dust sheets along with all the rest of our stuff.

The move was very traumatic, as our removal men were rubbish. We haven't unpacked much, so we do not know the extent of the damage that might have been caused by their casual packing, but we found a big dent in the microwave, so it has to be ditched. We then we discovered that the sideboard had developed a wobble - as one of it's little feet had been broken off (luckily we found it, so will be able to repair it eventually)

We are camping out on Elder Son's  sofas until the end of the month, then we have a holiday flat for the whole of February.  We hope we can at least sleep, eat and wash in the bungalow by early March

DiL is being very supportive, and helpful in our dealings with builders - and in major things like choosing kitchen & bathroom fittings. Without her I'd be overwhelmed by it all

Mr meg still waiting to hear from the hospital about his op, so still can't lift or carry anything.

I will try to pop back here from time to time, but am unlikely to have the computer set up for some time after we move in. There will still be lots to do, and even if Mr meg has had his op by then he will not be moving furniture & boxes around for several weeks.

Still we are glad to be here, and are discovering more and more reasons to be pleased with our decision. It will be lovely when it is all done, we are finally settled in and can resume a normal life!

Hope to look in again a few times before then..

Call in from time to time if you can! Hope everything gets better for you from now on, meg. 

Oh, Meg, I'm sorry it hasn't gone better for you.

We came home from Houston yesterday and I am back at work today.  My husband is at home, still recuperating, but not needing a lot of nursing care, which is lucky because I don't think I'm a very good nurse.  When I'm sick, I want to be left alone and so that's generally how I "take care" of someone.  But I've made sure that he took a walk every day.  Now we are supposed to have him on a high-protein diet, so that he gets 115-120 grams of protein every day.  He's a very tall man and is currently very underweight--the skinniest I've ever seen him.  He's 6'5" and 197 lbs, which is, I think, almost 2 meters(?) and 89 1/3 kilos (or, according to my conversion table 14 stones and 1 pound).  

Despite being skinny, he is ahead of schedule on his recovery.  Thank goodness.  

Sorry things have not gone well with the move Meg. Hope it all sorts itself out.

Glad that things are going well with Mr Binker. Hopefully he will find the gaining of weight a little easier than RG and I find the losing of it! We were both doing really well until the back end of last year. For one reason and another we did not have the best end to the year and, RG especially, gave up a bit on the weight loss. As our daughter gets married in early June we really must get back on course. Not easy to do in a cold damp January!

I have only just caught up with Binker's news and Meg's so apologies for not commiserating and commenting. Thank goodness in both cases things are starting to pan out well.

In close succession here we've had my mother-in-law's funeral in Stoke-on-Trent and then a three week stay by our son and my grand-daughter from Melbourne. Amongst other things Neil had booked in advance tickets for Everton v Manchester City and asked if Stuart and I wanted to come along to.  Stu rather gruffily said he could see the match live on Sky and was't bothered but I jumped at the chance to see a live Premiership match (even though my Arsenal wern't involved).  Great atmosphere at the ground and an overnight stay in Liverpool, followed the next morning by us taking a wrong turn at a roundabout and ending up in north Wales.  Have you ever been to Mold on a very wintry and snowy day?  Ah, memories.

Binker I'm so glad that your husband is recovering and recovering well.  I have no doubt that you are a very good nurse and make sure that he is eating properly.  Chocolate has iron in it!

i hope that everything goes well with everybody else from now on!

Edited by lunababymoonchild

• 4 weeks later...

I got my 25 year service today at work with certificate and £250.

Shopped today and spent the lot. Kindle paperwhite and cover. The rest on music, amongst which I got A Love Supreme by John Coltrane and Pillows and Prayers which I'm now listening to.

An album that cost 99p which I bought and sold many years ago. Now costs alot more.

Well worth a listen, I'm tingling over the memories.30+ years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillows_%26_Prayers

Congrats Clavain, well done, let me know what the Kindle Paperwhite is like, I guess at some point my Kindle will be full, over 1000 books on it now.  Money is always the very best gift, then you can get what you want (within reason of course).  Nice to have the Certificate too, you can frame it!

Just popping in to say I have not dropped off the edge of the world, but am extremely busy. Occasionally I scan BGO, but either time, or poor download speed, or both prevent me from contributing.  So, hi - and' bye. Will be back to post on One Hundred Days when I finally get to finish it.