Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Sorry about the offer on the bungalow Meg. Moving is never much fun, we hope not to have to do it again!

Bob is fine thanks Meg. Vet thinks that it is an allergic reaction rather than the result of a fight or accident. He was given a steroid injection and has had a small patch of fur shaved away to enable me to bathe the area with salt water twice a day. That should be fun! He behaved himself beautifully at the vets although it took the two of us to actually get him into his carrying box! Good job RG was here today. He is now fast asleep on the sofa now so does not seem to have been too bothered by it all.

If I can remember how to do it I will attempt to post a couple of pictures on BGO Facebook page.

I'm only posting this because I've spent the best part of the day framing it. Template Shadow Paper Crafts

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Looks very nice Luna.  :)

Good job RG was here today. He is now fast asleep on the sofa now so does not seem to have been too bothered by it all.

Sorry, cp, but I just have to ask - did RG enjoy his nap on the sofa?

Sorry, cp, but I just have to ask - did RG enjoy his nap on the sofa?

Oh very funny. I have just read that back again and see what you mean! I must learn to proof read my posts more thoroughly. I am usually so worried about my awful spelling that I often fail to notice that what I am actually saying does not always make perfect sense!

Bob is much better now by the way. His wound is healing well and he has finally been let out again today. He was getting really bored being in all the time but instead of climbing the walls he was beginning to climb my net curtains! I let him out before the two of us fell out.

He was getting really bored being in all the time but instead of climbing the walls he was beginning to climb my net curtains! I let him out before the two of us fell out.

You do realise she's still referring to Bob ??!  

Would just like to say thanks to BGO friends for your kind thoughts recently after a shattering family loss.  Just haven't felt like looking in for a while, simply had too much to think about, what with sorting out all the things that need sorting out at times like this, and working out how we go forward with my mother.  Not easy.

Not reading much, wouldn't have the concentration levels to get stuck into anything;  I could give you a pretty good evaluation of this month's Classic Rock magazine but that's about the size of it right now.

Couple of fairly weighty books waiting in the wings (actually was planning on taking them on holiday until that got cancelled) - Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks and Streets of Laredo (sequel to Lonesome Dove, which I read 20 years ago!) by Larry McMurtry.  We'll see....

Anyway, thanks again, CP mentioned the comments at the time, but I've really only looked back at them recently.  Much appreciated.

Have a couple of hours to myself this afternoon, so am sitting on the terrace at the Palm Spring Resort hotel in Monrovia, looking at the sea rolling in not far away.  One more week here to kick start scriptwriting for distance learning radio programmes. Then home, via Nairobi and a visit to family.

Have a couple of hours to myself this afternoon, so am sitting on the terrace at the Palm Spring Resort hotel in Monrovia, looking at the sea rolling in not far away.  One more week here to kick start scriptwriting for distance learning radio programmes. Then home, via Nairobi and a visit to family.

Sounds like a nice trip Ting, especially the visit to family.

Sounds like a nice trip Ting, especially the visit to family.

Yes, momac. Four years since the last visit. (We're a very close family :) separated by financial miles!) In fact it has only cost me US$40, as Nairobi's on the way from Liberia to Lusaka anyway. :arms:

Ting, have you always worked in exotic places or did you live in England at one time?  I'll bet you're looking forward to this trip, hope you have a good time.

Edited by momac

Sounds great Ting. Sitting in a very dark, wet England I envy you greatly! Hope you enjoy it.

Today we had to take our cat Pepsi to the vet to be put down.

She's been ill for some months; cancer, we think. Not been eating much,  and probably not drinking either.  Sleeping a lot, wanting cuddles and becoming thinner & weaker.

I was watching her on the lawn this morning when she just collapsed and I knew that we couldn't let her just crawl away under a bush and not be able to find her for days. I cuddled her while she had the injection, but Mr meg had to wait outside.

She was a character, even more of one since she became the Only Cat. We'll miss her.

She's been ill for some months; cancer, we think. Not been eating much,  and probably not drinking either.  Sleeping a lot, wanting cuddles and becoming thinner & weaker.

I was watching her on the lawn this morning when she just collapsed and I knew that we couldn't let her just crawl away under a bush and not be able to find her for days. I cuddled her while she had the injection, but Mr meg had to wait outside.

She was a character, even more of one since she became the Only Cat. We'll miss her.

So sorry for your loss, Meg

Aw, meg, sorry to hear that. I can imagine how you must feel.

Oh Meg, I know how sad that is.  And it was good of you to hold her until the end.  I'm sure that gave her comfort.  I did that with Binker.  I don't think I've cried that hard since my father died.

Sorry for the loss of your cat Meg, they are family and are greatly missed when they go.  It was nice that she was cuddled and loved right up until she had to go.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your cat Meg. As others have already said they become part of the family, especially when they are the only one. When we lost Phoebe, our cat of thirteen years, a couple of years ago it broke our hearts. Like you I cuddled her until the end and was sure that she had no idea what was happening so I am sure that that would have been the case with your Pepsi.

We have waited a couple of years before having another cat as we did not think that any cat could replace Phoebe. However, we took Bob in from a stray cat rescue centre about six weeks ago and he has settled in brilliantly. I hope you and Mr Meg eventually feel able to have another cat. Once you have had pets it is very odd getting used to being without them.

It's tough being without pets - but for me even harder to lose them. So I don't have any any more.

Ting, have you always worked in exotic places or did you live in England at one time?  I'll bet you're looking forward to this trip, hope you have a good time.

I was a kid in England, momac, then was brought to Zambia by my parents. Accidentally stayed. I have done work in South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, and now Liberia.

RG was a bit like you Ting after we lost Phoebe but even after a break of two years I just could not get used to being without a cat. Although Bob was found as a stray and had been in the centre for two and a half months he has fitted right in. He is a real lap cat so already we get a lot from him. When RG leaves for work at stupid o'clock in the morning he often comes up to bed with me which is lovely on dark miserable mornings! Already I would not want to be without him.

RG was a bit like you Ting after we lost Phoebe but even after a break of two years I just could not get used to being without a cat. Although Bob was found as a stray and had been in the centre for two and a half months he has fitted right in. He is a real lap cat so already we get a lot from him. When RG leaves for work at stupid o'clock in the morning he often comes up to bed with me which is lovely on dark miserable mornings! Already I would not want to be without him.

makes me smile to read this, thanks cp

When RG leaves for work at stupid o'clock in the morning he often comes up to bed with me which is lovely on dark miserable mornings! Already I would not want to be without him.

Just to be clear, she's still talking about Bob!!

makes me smile to read this, thanks cp

Your smile would get even wider if you could see Bob at the moment Ting. He is asleep on the sofa on his back with his paws practically in the air! Unfortunately there are fireworks going off nearby already so I doubt that his sleep will last too much longer. Oh what a surprise, he is now sitting bolt upright on the sofa! I think that we may be in for a fun few weeks with him. Why oh why can people not just have their fireworks on the one night?!

We've had a good amount of rain here, but it has flooded badly further south (around San Antonio) where they had prodigious amounts of rain in a very short time.  It's also much cooler.  I guess it was about time, but I'm a little grumpy about it.

However, this is the weekend when I traditionally make and freeze my turkey stock for Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday of the year.  I also make and freeze my pie dough.  This year, my daughter and her boyfriend are going on a trip to Italy before she goes to a business gathering in London, so we have invited the boyfriend's family for Thanksgiving so they can help see them off.  If they come, this will be one of my bigger Thanksgivings.  One of the good things about having a lot of people is that I couldn't possibly make more desserts than there are people eating at my house, which some of you may remember did happen one year.  

I miss Binker a huge amount--it has been almost a year.  I am ready for another dog, but the family is less ready.  I just feel like it's not a home without a pet.  But they do have to be all in.  I am teaching an evening course in the Spring, so two days a week, someone will have to get home in time to take care of a dog.  I've roped my husband into going to a rescue event with me on Sunday.  We'll see. 

Good luck with getting another dog, home doesn't seem complete without a pet. :)