Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Great display luna.  If that's temporary, have you decided on a permanent display elsewhere?

Packing today.  Off to the south coast of England tomorrow to start a week's holiday with our granddaughters (5 and 3).  We're taking them to a holiday park which we hope will have enough entertainment to keep two very active little girls occupied.  This is our first holiday with the girls on our own - wish us luck!!

Hope you have a lovely time with your granddaughters BB, no luck needed, you'll do great and enjoy it too.:)

Off to the south coast of England tomorrow to start a week's holiday with our granddaughters (5 and 3).  We're taking them to a holiday park which we hope will have enough entertainment to keep two very active little girls occupied.  This is our first holiday with the girls on our own - wish us luck!!

Bb, I feel your nerves. I had my nieces (7 & 9) for a few days this week and I have offered to take them for a week next summer to help with summer childcare. They are a bit bigger than yours but similar worries! Have fun. I think the best bit is the excuse to eat lots of ice cream!

Great display luna.  If that's temporary, have you decided on a permanent display elsewhere?

Not yet, that's why they are there.  We will have to rearrange our wall space but couldn't be bothered at that precise moment in time.

Thank you Ting!

Unpacking & doing laundry - coming down to earth after spending a wonderful birthday weekend away with Mr meg, our sons, daughters-in-law & grandchildren. I was spoiled rotten!

Glad you had a good time Meg, everyone needs to be spoiled rotten once in a while, more often if you can manage it.  :)

I'm still not properly back down to earth yet.

The family had rented a large Victorian country house, with a lovely garden (and HaHa, so the view was not interrupted). Good facilities, but a bit shabby, so we didn't have to worry about the children running about exploring.

It's in the process of being "done up" for letting and there were a lot of rooms still empty.

Younger Son found it on Airbnb and was a bit anxious about it, but we all loved it - sadly, once it is finished I expect it will be too far beyond our budget for a repeat.

Watching a programme called "Earth's Natural Wonders" on my new tv, and feeling amazed by how technology has moved on. The improvement in the picture from my old telly is like night and day.

Thanks for good thoughts - eldest son died in hospital on Wednesday, aneurism. Funeral on Monday.