Sideshow Meg

what is everyone doing?

Getting used to having my father and brother back in the house. They were in Blackpool Wednesday to Friday and I didn't get half of my mental to do list done. I did get to read Raymond Chandler though.

My father was desperate for a 'real coffee'. Apperently the only place that can do that is Pret a Manger and they don't have a branch between here and Blackpool. The amount of phone calls I took on that subject I just daren't think about. He got one today and is now happy

Kerry, that looks awful, I hope no one was hurt.  That's a really big tree!  Hope you get another car without a lot of bother from the insurance people.

Watching Wimbledon. Raonic has lost the third set but is even in the fourth. Amazing how TV has come on in forty years. Back then I'd have to watch the match broadcast by BBC 1 and nothing else. Sky offers me a choice of several.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I was watching Raonic but I think maybe I get too involved and it's not a happy time for me when he seems to get a bit casual during the match and has a lot of unforced errors.  Maybe I'll just wait until his next match is over and see the score and watch the other players who are entertaining but don't cause me unhappy times.  :)

Had a bit of a dust/windstorm last night. Now my car looks like this.

ETA: Thinking it might be totaled.  :scared:

attachicon.gifIMAG0402.jpg

Oh good grief, Kerry! I think you're right. What bad luck.

Kerry, that's awful!  Your poor car was just sitting there minding its own business and then WHAM!  I do think that appearances suggest that it's probably totaled.  At least I hope so.  

The insurance adjustor inspected the car and doesn't think it's totaled. That would actually be good news because it's just at that point where I have no equity in the car. This is actually a second car that I have been renting to my sister-in-law until it accrues some equity and I can sell it. Meanwhile, my primary vehicle can't be driven until I replace the clutch, so I was planning to use the Honda for a while, until the tree fell on it.

My sister-in-law was on the news last night. They were doing a story on the previous night's storm damage, and they came right while the landscapers were cutting up the tree so they could show the car with and without the tree. My SIL did really well in the interview, I think. It's fun to watch family on TV when they don't do something embarrassing. ☺

Edited by Kerry

Kerry that looks awful and glad not a write off.

Tomorrow opticians and an, eye test - I just wan't some prescription sunglasses for the Cricket this summer

So hot today and I hate it. Forecast 30 + across the UK tomorrow.

Sweden Iceland Greenland Canada Finland Norway Russia - a country where you can sleep without sweating, I dream tonight. :)

We reached 29c in Lancashire yesterday and today it is already (10.00 a.m.) too hot for me.  On the flip side we are promised lots of rain and possibly thunder storms by tea-time :yup:

Wimbledon was issuing a heat warning for today, 30C - can't imagine playing tennis in heat like that - I hope the players are conditioned for this kind of temperature.

Have closed doors, windows & curtains, and am lounging around in the minimum amount of cotton garments.  Computer about to be shut down, as it & router throw out too much heat.

Roll on sunset.

Had a bit of a dust/windstorm last night. Now my car looks like this.

ETA: Thinking it might be totaled.  :scared:

attachicon.gifIMAG0402.jpg

Knowing what insurance companies can be like I am surprised that they didn't try to imply that the tree was there first, just minding its own business, when you carelessly drove into and partially under it.  As if.......??

Main thing is that no-one was in the car at the time, metal can be bashed out in a way people can't. So glad to know there were no casualties.

Knowing what insurance companies can be like I am surprised that they didn't try to imply that the tree was there first, just minding its own business, when you carelessly drove into and partially under it.  As if.......??

Main thing is that no-one was in the car at the time, metal can be bashed out in a way people can't. So glad to know there were no casualties.

We are very thankful no one was hurt. It was such a freakish thing.

We were very lucky also, with parts of the country getting in excess of 36 degrees we were only in the mid twenties. I do not like the heat and we were also saved by the fact that it was dull too.

Much gratitude for that

Kerry, I'm glad that you're alright

We have arrived in Ljubljana, very tired, but also excited. Like most of Europe right now (plus the U.K., I think), it`a very hot and everyone is wilting. But the car and hotel both have air conditioning and we are from Texas, so it`should fine.

We have enjoyed walking along the river and are looking forward to ice cream ttomorrow, when we return thing a food tour. We have already begun our traditional vacation overeating.

Have been watching Wimbledon since 8:00 a.m. in between shampooing part of the rug and doing the laundry and having breakfast then a late lunch.  So you could say I have been multi-tasking.  Watching Federer is a delight but I enjoyed seeing our Canadian Pospisil win in 5 sets (apologies to the Brits) and was watching Mon Fils and Simon but thought I deserved a break so naptime now - there's lots more tennis tomorrow!   :D

No tennis until Monday, that will be a relief to my husband.

Edited by momac

No tennis until Monday, that will be a relief to my husband.

No tennis for me until end of next week ,don't mind watching the semis and finals. About all I can take.

Saw Nottingham Outlaws lose against Worcestershire last night :( .

Tonight a Northern Soul disco and still too hot. The British are renowned for moaning about the weather....moan moan moan :) 

There are certain players I like to watch, none of the ladies with unpronounceable names, don't much care for the squealing, although I notice some of the men do a bit of grunting.:)

I think moaning about the weather is an international habit. My sister in Vancouver is having a hard time with their heat wave, they don't have air conditioners as they are not often needed.

Watching the last match of the day moved into centre court, closed roof and brilliantly lit, was a rare treat.

Reading a Douglas Reeman book about a mine disposal navy outfit during WWII, dangerous work, seem to be hung up lately on WWII reading although I did download The Year of Reading Dangerously to see what that's all about.

RG and I had a near perfect day yesterday. We used our National Trust membership once again and spent the day at Stowe Gardens in Buckinghamshire. It was a lovely summers day although not quite as hot and humid there as it has been of late! The gardens were lovely although as usual RG insisted on covering virtually every square inch - he does hate to miss anything! I came home very relaxed and happy but a bit foot-sore and decidedly weary. However almost as we walked through the front door Andy Murray started his match against Seppi. All weariness was then forgotten! He did give us a bit of a scare in the third set but came through easily in the end. As I say, a near perfect day!

RG and I had a near perfect day yesterday. We used our National Trust membership once again and spent the day at Stowe Gardens in Buckinghamshire. It was a lovely summers day although not quite as hot and humid there as it has been of late! The gardens were lovely although as usual RG insisted on covering virtually every square inch - he does hate to miss anything! I came home very relaxed and happy but a bit foot-sore and decidedly weary. However almost as we walked through the front door Andy Murray started his match against Seppi. All weariness was then forgotten! He did give us a bit of a scare in the third set but came through easily in the end. As I say, a near perfect day!

Yes, Andy does seem to be going strong, will probably go all the way.  Our Canadian Raonich got bumped by the Aussie Krygios who plays really well - he's a bit of a renegade and likes to put on a show but it doesn't seem to harm his tennis any.  Our other player, Pospisil, has made it into the 4th round,first time for him and he and his doubles partner are still in the tournament.  So there's still a lot to watch and, of course, Federer, I really enjoy watching him.

Glad you had a nice day yesterday CP - it's so nice to get out in summer for enjoyable trips.