• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megustaleer

• Hazel

• lunababymoonchild

• momac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck Meg, make sure you take all the rest you need when you get home, housework is always with us so what doesn't' get done can wait for another time. We'll keep your spot on the forum warm for you. :)

And Kerry I think I spoke to you before but all the best anyway - I'm sure you'll be back posting quickly.

Edited by momac

Hope both surgeries have gone or go well and that the recoveries are nice a quick. At least they should be well over by the time the better weather arrives.

Girl's lunch here today so preperations will get underway pretty early. My diet will be suspended for the day as pork roast, chocolate desert, cheese and crackers, wine, coffee and liqueurs tend not to be too low fat! RG has taken his pasta salad to work as usual which sounds a bit grim in comparisson but I will plate him a meal up for later - I am not that mean. I suspect he will try and have a long day at work today - Girl's lunch is never a quiet affair.

Work pretty busy at the moment. January, February and March are always a bit grim in the surgery so spring cannot come early enough.

Hope both surgeries have gone or go well and that the recoveries are nice a quick. At least they should be well over by the time the better weather arrives.

Girl's lunch here today so preperations will get underway pretty early. My diet will be suspended for the day as pork roast, chocolate desert, cheese and crackers, wine, coffee and liqueurs tend not to be too low fat! RG has taken his pasta salad to work as usual which sounds a bit grim in comparisson but I will plate him a meal up for later - I am not that mean. I suspect he will try and have a long day at work today - Girl's lunch is never a quiet affair.

Work pretty busy at the moment. January, February and March are always a bit grim in the surgery so spring cannot come early enough.

When do you have your lunch with your friends if you have to work today cp?  What do you serve with the pork roast.  Sounds like you'll be busy in the kitchen.  :)

No work for me today. Unless I am working holiday or sickness cover I do not work Wednesdays so we try to plan the lunches on those days. I am the baby of the group and am the only one still working on a regular basis so we tend to organise ourselves around my work and the other's holidays.

My tummy must be getting smaller as I drank very little (not that I am ever a big drinker) and only just finished my meal. I could not manage the mississippi mud pie or the cheese and biscuits and RG has only just finished his meal. Maybe being good recently is having some effect after all. It was a bit like another Christmas dinner as I roasted the potatoes and parsnips, cooked three lots of veg and cooked a batch of stuffing. No wonder I am full!

Work yesterday was really busy and spent most of my day chasing my tail. I always know when things are really busy as I tend to put things down while concentrating on something else and then have everyone else in the dispensary as well as myself searching for the missing items for the next ten minutes. Yesterday it was the keys to the dispensary door. Found in the eye drop draw eventually along with the window key and the key to the control drug cabinet. I guess we should be grateful that I did not attempt to put them through the shredder.

Today does not promise to be much quieter so as RG up for work really early again tomorrow and weather forecast dire I may just spend the day in bed and read. As I am banned from shopping and trying not to eat cake (those trousers really were a mistake) there is not much else to do apart from housework and ironing so the thought of staying in bed with a good book is sounding more and more appealing! What a fast lifevI lead!

As I am awake so early I have put the cricket ODI between New Zealand and India on the telly while getting ready. Although the cricket is pretty one sided the backdrop to the ground is absoloutly stunning. I know very little about Wellington (where the game is being played) but it really does look quite fabulous, especially when I look out of our lounge window and see the murk outside! RG and I often watch the cricket from around the world and say to each other "what wouldn't you give to be there right now?" We can all dream I guess!

As I am awake so early I have put the cricket ODI between New Zealand and India on the telly while getting ready. Although the cricket is pretty one sided the backdrop to the ground is absoloutly stunning. I know very little about Wellington (where the game is being played) but it really does look quite fabulous, especially when I look out of our lounge window and see the murk outside! RG and I often watch the cricket from around the world and say to each other "what wouldn't you give to be there right now?" We can all dream I guess!

Oh, if only you could follow that dream CP. MOH and I always dreamed that in our retirement we would follow the England cricket team around the world. Didn't happen, but we still wish we could have done it. Not with the current team as it happens, because we are so downhearted and depressed about their attitude and ability - but that's another story. Anyway, I was up on the treadmill this morning watching part of our innings. Was going reasonably well when I left the room to dress and left it in the hands of MOH and came back to see another depressing score- line!!!

Now I have to report that we have done quite a bit of dancing this week. Tuesday Argentine Tango class, Wednesday, practise at home for an hour or two and yesterday a Tea Dance. All great fun and to make my smile even wider ... I have lost over 2lb in weight this week. Now I can go on holiday next month and not feel too guilty at all the food I will be tempted to eat.

Sounds like you have the year off to a good start BB, and with holidays coming up gives you something else to look forward to.  We're still in the dark of winter here, more snow predicted for the weekend.  Would be nice to see the grass again!  

Have never watched any of the cricket and don't think it's broadcast much here although there are one or two cricket teams in and around the Toronto area, mostly started by East Indian immigrants I think - ice hockey is the big attraction here.

I'm recovering from yesterday's activity. I decided to walk up "the hill" in our area to see how fit or otherwise I am. Well, I found out and it's definitely in the otherwise category! I'm shocked at how stiff, sore and downright tired I am, I was only outside for ten minutes. Clearly more will have to be done, but not today. A day of reading and crafting, methinks.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I'm recovering from yesterday's activity. I decided to walk up "the hill" in our area to see how fit or otherwise I am. Well, I found out and it's definitely in the otherwise category! I'm shocked at how stiff, sore and downright tired I am, I was only outside for ten minutes. Clearly more will have to be done, but not today. A day of reading and crafting, methinks.

Good for you Luna, each time will get easier. I've been feeling less than chipper for a few days and decided to do some daily Reiki on myself. Don't know if anyone is familiar with this Eastern method of relaxation - I took the first segment and found it helpful but like all things you get busy and it falls by the wayside. I'm hoping I'll stay with it - it does help.

Good for you Luna, each time will get easier. I've been feeling less than chipper for a few days and decided to do some daily Reiki on myself. Don't know if anyone is familiar with this Eastern method of relaxation - I took the first segment and found it helpful but like all things you get busy and it falls by the wayside. I'm hoping I'll stay with it - it does help.

My father is a Reiki Master, Momac and it helps a lot!

I'm trying to recruit a friend to join us on BGO. Her reluctance is due to not being too conversant with the internet (apart from emails), and the same slow connectivity problem that was my major stumbling block. But over a totally decadent lunch, prior to watching a movie I think I persuaded her that it might be worth a try. What swayed her was my explaining how the Sherlock Holmes group read spread into all those other - sometimes animated - discussions, something that would have been totally impossible in her local book group. She had the idea, also, that an online group would be very impersonal. I soon put her right on that score! :) Anyway, I am arranging to meet with her and her laptop one afternoon soon, so that I can show her where we are and what we're all about.

By the way, has anyone heard from meg yet?

Meg expected to be home for the weekend so maybe we'll hear from her soon.

Just had a call from our son in Yellowknife, he's coming to Toronto in February for a conference and will be staying with us for two days. What a wonderful surprise! :)

Oh, if only you could follow that dream CP. MOH and I always dreamed that in our retirement we would follow the England cricket team around the world. Didn't happen, but we still wish we could have done it. Not with the current team as it happens, because we are so downhearted and depressed about their attitude and ability - but that's another story. Anyway, I was up on the treadmill this morning watching part of our innings. Was going reasonably well when I left the room to dress and left it in the hands of MOH and came back to see another depressing score- line!!!

Now I have to report that we have done quite a bit of dancing this week. Tuesday Argentine Tango class, Wednesday, practise at home for an hour or two and yesterday a Tea Dance. All great fun and to make my smile even wider ... I have lost over 2lb in weight this week. Now I can go on holiday next month and not feel too guilty at all the food I will be tempted to eat.

For years RG and I had the same dream as you and hoped to follow an overseas cricket tour. RG's younger brother married later in life and actually met his wife on an overseas cricket tour to Sourh Africa. She was born and had grown up in Port Elizabeth where they now live with their young son. The only overseas ground we have been to is Newlands in Cape Town. We attended the first day of a test between SA and Australia there a few years back and I had the time of my life. Of all the grounds I have watched cricket from over the years it was always one of my favourites and I never dreamed I would actually go there one day. Dreams do come true I guess!

Is anyone else having trouble with bringing up New Content?  Yesterday I lost the New Content feature and also couldn't get anything up from my 'past 24 hours' content.  I'm sure the Mods have everything in hand but I have the awful feeling that we're a ship with no one at the helm.  Maybe that's just my sadness in missing David that's talking but I'm wondering if we need someone to be in charge?  Anyone else have thoughts along these lines?  Or am I being a pessimist?  :(

Edited by momac

Momac - I haven't seen any changes on the site when I'm using it. Can you describe the problem in any more detail?

We mods don't really have any way of changing or fixing how the site displays, but if there's a problem we can contact Stuart, the man who can. He's at the helm, really.

Hello MM:  When I log on to the site I get the main forum and then when I click on View New Content the only post that comes up is one by Romanike which was posted a day or so ago, the rest of the page is blank and if I click on the 'past 24 hours' content I get nothing from that either.  Is it possibly something I'm doing wrong, even your post when it did come initially was not highlighted as the posts usually are when they are new?

Edited by momac

Hello MM:  When I log on to the site I get the main forum and then when I click on View New Content the only post that comes up is one by Romanike which was posted a day or so ago, the rest of the page is blank and if I click on the 'past 24 hours' content I get nothing from that either.  Is it possibly something I'm doing wrong, even your post when it did come initially was not highlighted as the posts usually are when they are new?

Hello again MM - I can see all the posts by accessing from my own profile site, which is certainly different from how I accessed the forum before. I must have done something at this end, will see how things progress.