• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• momac

• lunababymoonchild

• megustaleer

• Hazel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am typing this from my hospital bed as I was rushed in last night after i lost the feeling in my legs

Oh Radders, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's been sounding awful for a long time and I've been feeling very sorry for you. I really hope the tests come back okay!

If there were an Acme Back Healing Device I'd buy you one straight away!

(But then given their track record with Wile E. perhaps that wouldn't be so wise!) I hope you can at least smile at the irony of your recent change of avatar! ;)

My very best wishes to you. Have a swift recovery!

Thanks to everyone for your heartfelt messages, they have cheered me up no end. will write more when I've come down off Planet Morphine!!

Ah, I remember that planet from my c-section - it was a lovely place to visit for a while!

Good to hear from you again Radders, and I hope is well, and getting better.

One of the worst things about my situation (apart from obvious) is that I cannot concentrate enough to read!!! How annoying is that :rolleyes:

That sounds awful! :yikes: (Not that the rest of it doesn't, but not even being able to read must be driving you nuts!!!) Hope it doesn't last long - both the lack of reading and the pain!

That's interesting, FLS! Actually, there's arguably even better material for that in Alien: Resurrection.

Anyway, I can't promise you won't jump out your seat a few times - there's plenty of shocks, they're just not so horrific as Alien.

I really want to say I hope you enjoy it, but somehow that seems as though it will come across too ironically! ;)

It wasn't too bad, actually, not particularly scary, disgusting though. It seems like it all ended happily enough, but obviously not if they made two more!

I'd actually consider watching the resurrection one precisely for the stuff on the monstrous feminine. It seems like it would be more complicated than this one in terms of the depiction (I have a vague idea what happens), but I won't watch it if it's really scary, so you'll have to let me know.

Hope you're feeling a little better today, Radders, and that you got some sleep (I know what it's like trying to sleep in hospital).

I been in the garden all morning digging a new border and generally clearing up. I got a blister on each palm but the satisfaction of having done something I have been meaning to do for a while.
Now you have made me feel guilty - but I really can't stand being out in this cold blustery wind :(

I've been procrastinating in front of the computer for most of the morning.

I've just had the last in a series of dental procedures that I really haven't been looking forward to. In fact I've been putting it off for a long time. None of it's been pleasant - especially since I have a bit of a thing about dentists (lovely people, I'm sure, but with all the inviting qualities of a medieval dungeon). Anyway, done now and I feel very relieved!

I dislike the dentist too David.

I know this is a bit of an aside but how do dentists understand you when your mouth is wide open,your lips are numb and the drill is shrieking. You sit there mumbling incoherently but they are able to sustain a perfect conversation.

DENTIST: Going on holiday this year?

YOU: Mmnnbbbhhhuuurhh

DENTIST: Oh, New Zealand, lovely.

It's always puzzled me. :)

Glad to hear the torture is over David!

And krey20, much as a mother is the only one who can understand the beginnings of their toddler's attempts at communication, a dentist gets used to their patient's grumbles. I think it is the same thing with a hairdresser who can hear "Benidorm" over the hairdryers and gossip. ;)

I know this is a bit of an aside but how do dentists understand you when your mouth is wide open,your lips are numb and the drill is shrieking. You sit there mumbling incoherently but they are able to sustain a perfect conversation.

Well, since I believe they are the spawn of the devil I generally take it for granted that they have unnatural 'abilities'...

;)

Well, since I believe they are the spawn of the devil I generally take it for granted that they have unnatural 'abilities'...

;)

Speaking as the son of a dentist, I'm a bit worried about what that makes me...