what is everyone doing?

Sideshow Meg

Omg that means you're a muggle!

Jeremy, I looked up geocache and it sounds as though you have to hide something with a GPS location and someone else has to find it?  Is that anywhere near what this is all about?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megustaleer

• Hazel

• lunababymoonchild

• momac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just read on our national news site, ABC,  that Malala Yousefzai was chosen to open the new Birmingham library and I thought that was a wonderful and thoughtful choice.  She had read nine books in her fifteen years and that was thought to be a lot - so sad. At least now she has a good future ahead of her.  

I loved the earnestness with which she spoke about wanting to read so many books. I hope it rubs off on many other young people who hadn't thought that way.

We're waiting hopefully that the phone won't ring to tell us that h's op has been cancelled again, both of us are feeling quite edgy, bumped three times but only for a day yesterday, doing all sorts of piddly little tasks to take our minds off the telephone - you can be sure that telemarketers won't get a polite hearing.  :( 

Fingers crossed for you and h momac that all goes ahead as planned this time.  Back in July I was given to understand that my day-op procedure would be only a few weeks away - still waiting to be notified of that date!!

The waiting is the pits isn't it!  Hope you hear soon.  O.K. so far at our end.  

Thanks, Grand Duchess Dragon Lady, great name.   :)

Thank you Momac   my name has a good reason behind it   :)

One weekend, long ago when my children were early teen, I woke up and came out of my bedroom to find an amazing colour poster on the bedroom door.  It had a fearsome multi-coloured dragon, rearing up in threat over two cowering wizards. Underneath in my son's writing it said

Beware

Cranky when woken up

It was only too true, youngsters with energy couldn't understand how precious a weekend  lie-in was to a working mum!  I still have that special poster and am proud of the name . Even better, now they have children of their own :D .

Good luck momac, I hope everything goes well!

Congrats Luna, that's very nice!

I went to a book fair today here in the Netherlands and bought a lot of books! It was a lot of fun. I'm tired now though so sorting them out will have to happen at a later time.

Edited by Athena

H's surgery went well but he is spending the night in the ICU, he'll be moved to a ward on Friday IF there is a bed available. Apparently the hospital is full to capacity at the moment.  H won't be home until probably Saturday.  When I saw him tonight he was still out of it and attached to all sorts of machinery but when I called later they had taken out the breathing tube and he was more comfortable.  Thanks all for good wishes.  :)

Thanks Binker, thought I was so tired I'd go right to sleep but 'twas not to be.  It was mental exhaustion rather than physical although I must have walked at least a mile round the hospital today, nothing was near anything else; at one point when I was leaving to come home I had the nightmarish feeling that I would never get out of the hospital.  Anyway there's always the computer to play on when sleep won't come.  :)