what is everyone doing?

Sideshow Meg

Momac, you have had horrible weather for awhile. It's all over the news. Quite unusual to have Minneapolis be much hotter than Dallas in the summer and for quite some time. We've had more clouds and rain, something that never happens in July.

And congrats to lucyb!

Weather has moderated here, we are able to have the windows open without it feeling like being in a sauna.  

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• megustaleer

• Hazel

• lunababymoonchild

• momac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've taken advantage of the cooler weather of the last couple of days and have been out shopping, and had the oven on to do some cooking.

The forecast for next week is humid and hotter, so it will be back to eating food from the freezer, reheated in the microwave.  As my freezers are full to the brim, and the garden produce beginning to need harvesting we need to make some space in there anyway, so that will deal with two problems.

I'm even washing up by hand as the dishwasher makes the kitchen too hot.

It was a lot cooler yesterday but the boys still slept in the tent. It turns out it is waterproof.

I took advantage of the cooler weather to mow the lawn so the tent was taken down for a while.

Today is also cool but fairly muggy.

I'm looking forward to some thunderstorms next week.

That which we sheepishly refer to as 'the lawn' is all yellow and crispy, except for the nipplewort and clover patches.

Snap, but as the boys play football on it and Brodie digs on it, I won't care until they've left home.

You've got a lawn? With grass long enough to mow?

That which we sheepishly refer to as 'the lawn' is all yellow and crispy, except for the nipplewort and clover patches.

It was only turfed in May so we are looking after it and watering it this year. It's on its own next year.

No water meter or hosepipe restrictions here.

Too long in the garden again - weeding until about 10.00, while it was still overcast and bearable, but then spent another hour & a half watering all the pots and the veggies, as they looked too limp to last until evening.

I felt jealous of the beans when I put a fine spray on them from the hose, so went indoors and had a cold/tepid shower. Felt much better.

A quick look at what's waiting on the 'puter, and then I'm going to nap until it gets a bit cooler!

We are very much cooler today and more overcast which makes life a lot more bearable.  All we managed in the garden though was three bags of garden waste, although to be fair we did have to dig this waste up to a certain extent.  Got as much as we could and then retired for a rest.  Garden doesn't look too bad, although like everybody else's will welcome the rain forecast here for tomorrow.  Only takes me a short time to water my pots and I've been doing it every day.  Turned them all around this morning too and they look good.  The only disapointment is the Salvia.  I thought that it would remain blue for a little longer.  But my Perovskia is coming out and so will look good next to my Physocarpus.

Just checking to see if I could type on this thread, on another thread, And the Headlines, wasn't able to type anything - it happens now and again, so maybe my computer acts up, don't know what causes it.   :scratchhe

Glad your potted plants are doing well Luna.  

Just checking to see if I could type on this thread, on another thread, And the Headlines, wasn't able to type anything - it happens now and again, so maybe my computer acts up, don't know what causes it.  

I don't know what to suggest there, momac - it seems to be a problem at your end.  Do you use Internet Explorer?  I have to say this causes me problems in the Admin area - several things won't work for me there if I'm accessing using IE10, but work just fine in Chrome.  IE does manifest problems like that sometimes, but if it changes I'm not sure that's it.  If anyone else has any ideas which might help, do share.